Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pokemon Region Journeys: Book 4, The End: Chapter 1

You guessed it. The last book of Pokémon Region Journeys. I'm fricking obsessed with this series now. But I swore to Cole there wouldn't be a single continuation series. Ever.
I'm bringing the original Silver into the series, so I'll have to use his manga name: Black.
Black: Top        Gold: Bottom


-----
I was alone, now that Red was gone. I sighed and turned around, almost instantly crashing into someone.
"Asshole! Watch where the heck you're going!" He snarled.
I looked him in the eyes, which was hard, as he was nearly half a foot taller than me. He had longer, spiky, dark red hair and dark goldish-red eyes. A tight black jacket was wrapped around him, and he was wearing white jeans. He growled. "Watch it next time."
"Hey, wait!"
He turned around. "What?"
"Why are you so rude?"
"Why do you care?" He snorted and kept walking.
"What's your name?"
"The fuck, lady?! It's Black." He started walking faster.
I groaned and walked into a cafe.
-----
I scrolled through the Pokedex to look for something interesting.
THE MOST POWERFUL TRAINERS OF THE 6 REGIONS
1. Red of Pallet Town
2. Blue of Pallet Town
3. Black of New Bark Town
4. Gold of New Bark Town
5. Green of Pallet Town
First I wondered what it was with the color names. Then I realized: I had met Black a minute ago. Was he really the #3 Trainer of all of the regions? Incredible. I jumped back outside and saw Black sitting on the railing of the bridge over the ravine. His hands were neatly folded on his lap.
"Hey, Black?"
He turned around quickly, with an unrecognizable hopeful looked on his face. When he saw me, he scowled. "Oh, it's you."
"Were you expecting someone else?"
"Not really... but I've been waiting for someone for a while."
"Really? How long? Who?"
"Four years. I've been waiting for him... for four years."
"Who?"
"Dad. Giovanni."
"Your dad is-- wait, Giovanni's dead."
"I know."
"Then-"
"Leave, OK? Just leave. Typhlosion, use-"
"I'm leaving, I'm leaving!"
-----
"Black's not actually that big of a crap-head, sometimes."
I looked around for the voice and spotted a black-haired kid. He smiled and waved.
"Trust me, I've known Black for almost, what, eighteen years. He's not that bad of a jerk. Well, yeah, he is, but..." He seemed to be having immense trouble explaining.
"I get it." I smiled back. "I'm Silver. What's your name?"
"Gold. Just Gold. Me and Black used to be rivals, but we're friends now."
"You're Gold? The Gold?"
"Yup, that's me! Hey, I'm looking for a guy named... N?"
"He left this area a while ago. I was talking to him around an hour ago."
"Oh, darn. He invited me to talk with him..."
I stood there in shock. N. Invited. Gold. To. Talk. "N? But he's a human-hater."
Gold grinned. "Haters gonna hate! N's one of my best friends, what're you talking about?
"N's friends with a human?"
"No, I'm kidding. But i've met the dude, he seems fine. He did invite me though."
The guy was more cute than hot, with little black spikes at the front of his head, his eyes were bright gold, and he had the same look that Red did when he was battling.
"Hey, you know Red?"
"Red from Pallet? Yeah, everyone knows him, specially the first trainers and rivals."
"First trainers and rivals? What're those?"
"You're surprisingly clueless. First trainers: the first famous trainer from their reason, and their main rival. Red's is Blue, mine is Black, May's is Max, Dawn's is Paul, etcetera."
"So you're a first trainer?"
"Yup, for Johto."
"Johto? Um, weird auestion, but… do some people call you Ethan?"
"How do you know my real name?"








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?