Friday, May 29, 2015

The Knight of Exorcism: Chapter 5

"I'm joking. Of course Rogue would listen to you after that."
Sting glared. "Not exactly the nicest thing you've ever told me. I'll go make food."
~-~-~
"You're a cook? I'm in doubt." Sting said to Rin.
"Wanna bet?"
"Pass. But I will bet on a battle if you're that cocky."
"Game on! Yukio, bet 2385 yen!" Rin yelled.
Sting groaned. "I need food. If you're that great of a cook, make something!"
Rin rushed into the kitchen and came out half and hour later with bowls of sukiyaki. 
Sting drained it. "I went too fast to taste, but I guess it was okay if I'm not retching."
~-~-~
"So, we've got 8348 yen for Rin, and 2385729 yen for Sting." I announced.
People around town had come to bet. 
Rin scoffed. "This guy's all talk. There's no way he's that good."
Rogue stepped up next to Sting. "Then you can take on both of us?" He asked.
Rin nodded vigorously. "Definitely."
The bets increased. "Rin has 8348 yen and the Twin Dragons have 4770559 yen!"
"What?! Yukio, come here!" Yukio reluctantly walked to Rin's side.
"Battle... start... NOW!"
Rogue stood exactly where he was.
Sting launched himself towards Yukio, at the speed of a rocket. "Taking you out first, dude! You look easier!" He held up his fist. 
Yukio smirked. "You expect to defeat me with hand-to-hand combat? Hmph."
Sting grinned. His fist turned white and bright light started to ball up around it. 
Yukio's eyes widened. "What the-" He madly shot his guns, missing.
The fist came into contact with his stomach. Yukio was on the ground.
"If... you... think... I'm... giving up... after... one hit... you're MISTAKEN!" 
Rin was going for Rogue. He drew his sword and swung it down straight over Rogue's head.
It slashed his body in half. 
Rin gulped. "Sorry... I'M SO SORRY! God, god, I didn't mean to kill him, I was just battling! He should've--" Rogue's fist flew forward to knock Rin's sword from his hand.
Rogue's blood-colored eyes stared at Rin. "Funny how you thought you could kill a shadow."

His fist turned to smoky black and he gifted Rin with a Shadow Dragon Uppercut.
Rin grabbed his sword and started to slash at Rogue. 
Rogue's lower half turned wispy gray, his eyes turning full, glowing red. He soared around the air at top speeds, attacking Rin here and there. "Slash of the Shadow Dragon!"
His hand reached from the darting black mist to scrape Rin down the face.
Rin yelled in pain. 
Meanwhile, Yukio was simply trying to keep Sting from decimating him. 
His bullets were ricocheting everywhere, not hitting people, but hitting a few other things.
One silver bullet made the mistake of pinning Frosch's arm to the wall and leaking blood. 
The red glowing eyes of the moving shadow whipped towards Yukio.
The darkness surrounded Yukio.
I couldn't see what was happening inside the vortex, but in mere moments Yukio was unconscious on the ground.
Rin and Yukio were both out. Sting smiled. "Keep the money, folks. I have plenty! Don't battle against Rogue. And dude, you need practice. I'm sorry to say we weren't trying."
Rin looked up and snarled. 
~-~-~
"I challenge you again!" Rin yelled into Sting's face, knocking over a bowl of soup.
Sting ignored him. "Hey, Yukino! This soup is award-winning-tasty!"
Rin took a bowl and sip. He spit. "Ah, gross!"
Sting kicked his leg. "Shut up!" He whispered through gritted teeth. "Trying to score a date!"
Rin raised his eyebrows. "Ooh, interesting. Now I know how to get back at you!"
Sting's eyes widened. "Oh, dude, please. Don't. I'm begging you here. Don't."
Rin sighed. "Fine. Because I'm nice like that."
Sting grinned. "Thanks. Hey, Aguria! Yukino!"
Yukino turned her head. "Yes, Sting-sama?"
"Please, drop the 'sama'. Anyway, uh, since Rogue can't really go on a job, I have some free time. Just coincidentally, I have a reservation for two at Magicafe. Possibly you could accompany me when I go there?"
She smiled. "Sure? I guess so."
Sting turned and grinned at Rin. "Yes!"
Rogue sighed. "Sting certainly is an idiot, don't you think?"
I turned red, nodding. "But he's still my friend. I t-think I'll go on a walk."
I have to admit, I had a rather huge crush on Rogue.
"Why don't I come with you?"
I had known Rogue for almost four years now, but I didn't think he liked me. 
"Sure..."
~-~-~
"How long have you been gone in their world?"
"Two, three weeks."
Rogue grimaced. "Did you enjoy it?"
"Yeah... Yukio was nice."
Rogue was silent. Then, he said: "What about me? Am I nicer than Yukio?"
Rogue never asked questions like that. "Wh- whaddya mean?"
"I mean, do you consider me nicer than Yukio?"
"I don't know... what d'you think?"
Rogue came in close to my face. "I think I'm a lot nicer than Yukio."
We kissed. No more descriptions needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?