Friday, June 12, 2015

Navy Vastia's Pets

Navy's many pets will have many appearances throughout the story, here are all of them. (All created on Doll Divine since you can save stuff there...)
How ironic. His first pet is dead. 
~-~-~
Hakarl the Cat- (hee-carl)
Hakarl is 'Shark' in Icelandic. If you don't believe me, go check a dictionary. You may ask, 'Z.E., why would you name a cat shark?'. That's a good question, I have absolutely no idea. Wait, wait, thinking of something really fast... um, he can smell blood from miles away and swims really fast. That sounds stupid. Deal with it.

Sverd the Dog- (seh-verd)
OK, i'll admit it, I'm going for an Icelandic theme. Predictably, 'Sverd' translates into 'Sword'. Think about it for a second, and the name'll be obvious. In case you're an idiot, his name is 'Sword' because he chops, slices, and tears things to pieces with his claws. Obviously, because of that, he's one of Navy's favorites. Sverd is Leyniskytta's son.

Vitleysingur the Mutant- (vite-lie-singer)
He's a quiet, cat-like animal that is part lynx, part ocelot, part jaguar, part house cat, and part angel. A beautiful, serene animal that was born to the the Panther of Legend and the Great Red Lion. Due to this, he is majority part Legendary Panther and slightly part Great Lion. His name is Icelandic for Lunatic.











Strandir the Fox- (strahn-deer)
A 500-year-old fox who, as a child, watched his parents get slaughtered and was forced to drink their blood. Ever since then, he hasn't said a word and is incredibly silent, even when moving. He threatens others by hurting them, but always listens to Navy intently due to their similar experience. His name is Icelandic for 'Tidal', referring to the waves of moodiness he has often. 














Leyniskytta the Wolf- (lay-nih-sky-tah)
An extremely powerful wolf, and Navy's favorite mount. He was a gift from Cheren Chelia, and mated in the wild. The mother was killed by Navy himself, though Leyniskytta isn't aware of that. The cub was also taken by Navy, his name was Sverd. The cub ended up being far more powerful that Leyniskytta, but much more naive and vulnerable. Leyniskytta is Icelandic for 'Sniper'. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?