Monday, June 9, 2014

In the Eyes of the Houses of Hogwarts

September 4th, 2017

Grr.... that cock-headed Scorpius! I thought once I had returned from Madam Pomfrey's. I grabbed my wand furiously from my robes and jumped to my feet. I can't contain myself, even in front of headmaster. "SECTUMSEMPRA!" I shouted at him. The hall fills with red light, and I have succeeded. Scorpius snarls, his nose slightly scratched. "YOU COCK HEADED, IMPURE, GRUB-BRAINED STINKING HALF-BLOOD PRAT!" He shrieks. I spotted the headmaster stalking over. His eyes are drilling wihtHeadmaster grabbed Scorpius's and my arm. He drags me to the office, half-glaring at me, and half-staring at Scorpius's blood-covered nose. "BERTIE BOTTS!" He shouts at the gargoyle at the entrance. It shrinks and moves to the side. The headmaster stamped promptly into his office and waved his wand. Chairs appeared in front of his desk. "Sit!" He commanded, and we sat. "Ms. Weasley, I am VERY disappointed in you! You should know better!" He added. He pointed a threatening finger at me. "I might be telling your parents. Now, for that, I shall punish you." He shakes his head. "You will be helping the caretaker do some work." He snarled and addressed Scorpius. I barely listened. I was just worried that Dad would punish me very well when I came home  for Christmas, or whatever time. It's only the 4th day of school, and already: Detention. Scorpius practically melts into his seat. I bet I know what he's thinking; Oh no. Dad'll be so mad. And I think, So what? His problem. My father won't mind.
But oh, was I wrong.... a few days later, Snowheart gave this. (My owl.) 

Rose, WHAT THE BLOODY COCK WERE YOU THINKING? Rose, that was your dad. But we were both hoping you'd show Slytherin what us Gryffindors can do. HOPING?! YOUR MOTHER AND I PRACTICALLY KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN! BUT THEN YOU Dear, your father is a bit angry 
at the moment. We don't blame you for-DON'T BLAME? OF COURSE WE BLAME! THAT BLOODY SCORPIUS MUST BE TAUGHT A HARSH AND CRUEL LESSON! ALONG WITH THAT RUDDY PRAT, PROFESSOR DEVON! Rose, dear, ignore what your father just said. Just explain everything, please. It will soon wash over. WASH OVER?! What the BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOU-? Rose, please just ignore that last comment on your father. WHAT DO YOU- Ron, dear, just finish the letter! Fine-
Ronald Weasley, VERY ANGRY! and Mum, Hermione Weasley

I felt absoulutely horrid when I read the letter, dad was furious. Mum seemed understanding, though. I bet she was quite angry too. I immediately ripped it into a billion pieces and thrust it into the trash. I
 bolted to the dormitory and sobbed into my pillow. I bet even Dad had never EVER been in a little cramp like this! I felt so ashamed that I had done that. I hope that Scorpius had gotten the worst of it. I was angry. Angry at that angry little prat, Scorpius. Angry at dad for being angry. Angry at mom for not being angry. Angry at myself for being angry at everyone. Wow, this is starting to sound a little dumb. Angry, Angry, Angry.... if you say it a million times it doesn't sound like a word anymore. Hmm. Well, I'll definitely get revenge on Scorpius soon.

'Night, Diary. Rose Weasley

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?