Monday, May 25, 2015

My Reasons of Why HP is Better Than Twilight Will Ever Be

I'm gonna just state now that I'm probably one of the biggest Twilight haters in the world. (:
BTW- if anyone says I'm wrong and I'm a hater, you're basically being a hater too...
Haters gonna hate! (:
If you argue with my grammar skills, it's probably because you don't know how to argue with the facts in the article. :D
~-~-~
#1
OK, people are always saying Sirius Black is copied off of Jacob Black- um, excuse, if anything, it's the other way around. Sirius was created first. OK, so he wasn't published until around, what, 1997? So what? That's still before when the first Twilight book was made, around 2005. And anyway, I think both Rowling and Meyer are too mature and honest to steal an idea from another's story. So I don't think either of them stole the idea from whoever.
#2
The haters. Twilight haters don't usually go too far, with a few exceptions. We just like making Edward and Kristen Stewart jokes, some memes, and a few hate charts. And then there's Harry Potter haters. They take it WAY too far. They go to the point where they're calling Rowling a retard because of her initials, 'J.K.' They're saying, 'J.K.?! What kind of name is that? Just Kidding?!'. People who do that are not only being rude, but disrespectful to Rowling's dead grandmother. Joanne Kathleen Rowling. Joanne isn't a weird name, no need to make fun. Kathleen is the name of her grandmother. OK, it isn't her fault her initials spell out to 'J.K. Rowling'. Do we ever make fun of Meyer's name? NO.
#3
I love the story of the publishers. Y'know, Twilight fans, ever heard of this little-known fact? The first Twilight book was turned down by 14 publishers before it was published. Chances are, the 15th probably just felt bad. 'Harry Potter' was published first time. By a very good publishing company. I just wanted you to know that...
(:
#4
What the heck is the difference in the ideas, some ask. YOU KID? Oh, lord, is this an essay question...
Harry Potter is about overcoming your fears, standing up for what's right, and valuing your friends and family over money and fame. The other themes it includes are fighting for what you love, treasuring good times, and making selfless sacrifices in order to protect people.
Twilight is about male dominance, the importance of an abusive boyfriend, and risking all of your friend's and family's lives so you can hear a certain person's voice. 
Hmm, I wonder which one we should read...?
#5
The difference between the characters is so incredibly huge that it's difficult to go in-depth. When Harry broke up with Ginny for her safety, she accepted it, fought for what she believed in, risked her life by battling against evil in order to save her friends, and making sure everyone was as safe as she could make them.
When Edward broke up with Bella... holy cow. She was just laying there doing nothing while Edward was off fighting, and she put herself in danger and almost killed people just so she could hear Cullen's darn voice...


THINK LONG AND HARD. WHAT'LL YOU BE READING NEXT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?