Wednesday, September 25, 2013
The Pokémon Champion Chapter 1: Are you a boy or a girl?
So, yeah, I hope you like it! Have fun reading it, I'll most likely post a chapter a week or so. Bye! Have fun! (BTW I do not own Pokémon.) ]
Aril thrust her head off her pillow. Slamming her clock to the ground, she heard it crash as she groaned.
"Ugh... stupid clock. Can't I just get one minute of sleep?" She said, immediately freezing in place as her mouth tore into a smile.
"TODAY I GET MY FIRST POKEMON!" She screeched as she jumped out of bed and got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth and slid down the staircase railings as she grabbed her lunch from her mom's hands and ran out the door.
"I can already see myself battling other wild Pokémon with my own..." Aril sighed happily,
thinking of battling a Pidgey or a Rattata with her own Pokémon, and ran to the Pokémart. She opened her bag and walked inside.
She slowly opened the door as the happy tune slipped through her ears. Smelling the tart scent of Chesta Berries, she walked to the front desk.
"How may I help you today, young woman?" The shop owner asked. Aril looked around dreamily, looking at all of the Revives and Dusk Balls. Hearing the silence, the owner coughed to get her attention. She jumped and smiled at him.
"Oh, sorry. Hehe, uh, yeah. So, I would like 6 Pokéballs, please!" Aril replied. The owner pulled out some red and white balls and put them on the counter. "That'll be 1,200 dollars, please." He said with a grin. Aril pulled out the requested money and took the Pokéballs.
"Come again, anytime!" The man said as Aril walked out the door.
Hugging the balls, she skipped around happily, wondering where to catch her first Pokémon.
"Hmm.. should I go to Pinwheel forest? Nah, it's too crowded... Hmm, what about Lostlorn Forest? Nope... OH! How about Black forest? They have lots of Rare Pokémon!" Aril thought out loud. She pulled out the map and started towards Black forest.
________
Arriving at the bushy grounds, Aril clicked the button on the Pokéball and whispered some good luck into it. Closing it, she walked around in search of a wild Pokémon. It was in the afternoon and the clear sky shone on Aril's blonde hair, making it seem gold. Upon hearing rustling grass, Aril turned and put the map back in the bag.
But, at the sight of seeing her friend Gavin, she sighed and facepalmed.
"Gosh, Gavin, you nearly gave me a heart attack..." Aril grunted as her hand dragged her face down.
Gavin had a Pokéball in hand, and hearing Aril's words he laughed. "Oh, hehe, sorry about that. I'm just so excited about this new Pokémon I just caught, I think I'm gonna name him 'Minus.' Cool name, huh?" Gavin bragged. Aril's eyes lit up.
"A Pokémon? You caught a Pokémon? What kind? What type? What moves does it know?" Aril asked as questions started pouring out of her mouth like a waterfall. "Yes, I caught a Pokémon! It's pretty small, but I know it'll be stronger sooner or later. It's a Minun. See?" Gavin showed, pushing a button on the Pokéball, making a small Pokémon come out.
It was a faint yellow, close to peach, and looked very similar to Pichu. It had Blue ears and a peach face and body. It had blue paws making it look like gloves with no fingers, and had blue round cheeks with a rectangle inside. It shaked it's rectangle tail as Aril pet it's head.
"Daaaaw, he's adorable! Where did you find one? I want one!" She giggled. "I dunno, I just found him. I gave him a berry and he jumped into the Pokéball." Gavin grinned. He laughed for a few seconds before talking.
"OH! Hey, Aril, Professer Juniper told me to give you this Pokédex. She said it was like a talking dictionary for every Pokémon you meet. She refreshed it so the Pokémon found already had been deleted." Gavin explained, pushing the "ON" button on the Pokédex. It lighted up and, for a few seconds, showed a circle going around in a circle before turning to a picture of Minun.
"Minun, an electric type Pokémon. It cheers on its friends. If its friends are losing, its body lets off more and more sparks." The Pokédex says, the picture of Minun turning around slowly to show it's full body.
Gavin handed the Pokédex over into Aril's hands. She gasped as a huge smile cut across her face. "Thank you SO much, Gavin!" She gasped. Gavin smiled and walked away, with Minus following close behind him. Aril, who is still frozen in excitement, slowly pressed the off button before screeching.
_________________________
"Gah... I haven't found ANY Pokémon yet, and it's only been 5 hours! When in the world am I going to catch- no, scratch that, FIND any Pokémon?!" Aril grumbled, slouching and taking small baby steps down the path. Her back straightened as she saw a figure down the dirt path.
"Is...is that guy picking things up...with magic?" Aril thought out loud. Shrugging, she ran towards him. "H-Hey! Have you seen any Pokémon I can catch?!"
The last word turned into a yelp as her Pokédex lit up and started shaking. "A Pokémon? Where...? I don't see any..." Aril said, turning around everywhere looking for a wild Pokémon. She picked the Pokédex out of her pocket and looked at it. The name was in purple. She stared at it confusingly. "Huh? 'Mewtwo'?"
Aril shrugged this off and thought it was a glitch. She continued to run until she stopped. The figure turned around. The only thing in hand, she threw the Pokéball at the figure, hoping that would scare it off. The ball immediately sucked up the Pokémon. The ball shook once, then twice, then three times. The ball stood there quietly until the figure escaped the ball and looked at her calmly. Then it teleported and disappeared.
Aril stood awestruck. Looking at the Pokédex one more time, she read it over and over again. She sighed. Thinking it is better to show it to a professor, she put the Pokédex back in her pocket before it rang again. With a grunt, she opened it again. "What now, another unknown Pokémon?" Aril thought in her head. But with surprise, a Minun looking Pokémon appeared on the screen.
"Plusle, the electric type Pokémon. It cheers on friends with pom-poms made of sparks. It drains power from telephone poles." The Pokédex said, with a picture of a Plusle slowly turning like the Minun did, with a full description of it underneath. Aril dropped the Pokédex into her pocket and she immeadietly threw the Pokéball at it, just out of reflexes, and waited. The Pokéball shook 3 times and sparks flew out. Aril went to pick up the Pokéball. She pushed the button, a small Plusle popped out. It looked similar to Minun, except that it was red instead of blue and it's tail and cheeks were replaced to Pluses.
"I think I'll call you 'A+'... but uh... are you a boy or a girl?" Aril asked, giving her new Pokémon a Pecha berry while she walked through the wood's path. A+ did a small twirl like a ballerina. As she walked, she would sometimes see Weedles and Caterpies, and sometimes even a few Kakunas sticking on trees. Eventually, she sat down on a rock with A+.
"Plusle! Plusle!" A+ called. "No, A+, it's not Plusle, it's A+!" Aril frustratedingly said, grabbing the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. A+, seeing her angry, she frowned."....Plu-...A+?" A+ said, smiling. Aril slowly released her hand from her face in awe. "What did you just say?" Aril asked, taking a berry out of her pocket. "A+! A+!" The small Pokemon screamed, jumping up and down with pom poms in her hands made of sparks. Aril laughed and stood up, throwing A+ into the air and cheering. "Here's a berry for learning your name!" Aril said, catching A+ and hugging her.
___________
Aril walked home with A+ fast asleep. She left the forest hours ago, and it was already
turning extremely dark. Aril pushed the button on the Pokeball and A+ sucked into the ball. Aril got into her pajamas, slipped into bed and turned off the light.
"Goodnight, A+."
4 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?

Aril Thank You for putting me in your book. Thank you for also giving me Minun. Signed, Gavin aka Number 4
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting!
DeleteNo problem, Gavin! As a very, very close friend, I know you'd like to be in the book.
~Aril
I love how your story flows so well! The characters are consistant, and the conversation is well written. Love this piece and cannot wait to read chapter 2!!
ReplyDeletegreat story! i dont know much about pokemon but now i would liike to know more once again great story!!!
ReplyDelete_ laura