Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Candy Land

Once there was a little girl named Olivia. She loves candy! One day she was in her room watching tv when she saw it was 8:00. "Better get to sleep", she said, "I have school tomorrow. She went downstairs said goodnight to her mom and dad and went back upstairs and fell asleep.
 All of a sudden she was in candy land! she looked around and she saw candy cane trees, cotton candy bushes, everything shes dreamed of! Then she saw a ginerbread house.  She walked in and  saw a beautiful woman with blonde hair and she was wearing  a pretty purple dress. Hello said Olivia. The woman jumped up startled by Olivia. Sorry I didn`t mean to startle you. Hello I said . What is your name? Annabella. What is yours? she asked. Olivia I said. What are you cooking?I asked. Chicken and dumpling soup. Delicous I said. 
                      My mom hasn`t made that in the longest time. You are welcome to join me she said. I dont want to impose. Its ok she said im by myself any way. Where is everybody? I asked. What do you mean? she asked. Where is all the people in this wonderful candy world? Well me and my dad made this world and he passed away before we could finish it. So I finished the rest by myself just for him. 
                                    Do you have anymore family members that lives here?I asked. Well yes. My stepmom. She said unhappily. Whats wrong with that at least you have somebody? Yes but shes not exactly the best stepmom. Then I sat down for a miute and thought about my stepmom who wasnt the best stepmom either but nobodies the best. Then she brought a bowl of chicken and dumpling soup for me and some for her. I ate it right up. You must be hungry. She said. Yeah I feel like I havent aten in days. 
  Do you have an extra bedroom I am really tired. Oh yes right in here. She led Olivia into a beautiful candy room. Its all edible. So if you get hungry just eat some candy. Thanks! Said olivia.
 6 hours later Olivia woke up. She sat up and realized she was back in her boring old  room. Oh I was having so much fun. She said. She tried going back to sleep. But it didnt work. She hopped out of bed and went into the kitchen where her mom was cooking Olivias favorite dinner beef stew.
 Hello. Said her mother. Hello. Said Olivia. Sit down I just made your favorite dinner. Yum. Said Olivia. When she finished her stew she put her bowl in the sink and went back to bed.
Then she realized that she had school today. But how is it already dinner.
 She went in her moms room and realized that it wasnt her mother it was annabella. How did you get here? Asked Olivia wheres my mom. She was supposed to wake me up for school now I missed the first day of school. Olivia pinched herself to see if she was still dreaming but she wasnt. I dont know where your mom or dad went. I just woke you up in candy land and it brought me here. So you made me stew and I didnt even realize it was you? I  guess so. Said Annabella. Olivia you have to help me get back home. She said. Go to sleep. Said Olivia. I will to so then we both can be there if the plan works. Said  Olivia.
 All of a sudden they were back in Candy Land.Then someone started calling her name. Olivia, Olivia. She woke up and saw her mom trying to get her up. It was just a dream. Olivia thought. Come on get up. Said her mom. Olivia gave her a big hug your ok. Olivia said. What do you mean? Asked her mom. Long story. Said Olivia. Your going to be late for school! Said Olivias mom. Get dressed hurry! Olivia got dressed and went to school.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great story with lots of detail! I like how you showed the passing of time and the change of scenes.

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?