Dorothy: I poured a bucket of water on her!
Glinda: You, WHAT?!
Dorothy: I poured water on her. ( in a confused voice)
Glinda: Dorothy, the melting is only temporary when you use water!!! Didn't you see the swimming pool?
Dorothy: Swimming pool? What's that? I saw a square pond, but....
Glinda: You seriously don't know what a swimming pool is?
Dorothy: I......
Glinda: Come on, let's go to my castle, so we'll be safe. It has cell phone service AND wi-fi! You know, I just got the new Oz-Phone 5!
Dorothy: Uh.....
Glinda: Dororthy, wherever Kansas is, it sure is primitive.
At the castle.....
Glinda: So, anyway, see, if you pour water on her, she'll re-form. You see, what really works is-
Ephaba: (crashes in, saying in an agitated voice) *ugh* Like, I'm here to get revenge on dodo, she gave me THIS swell on my hand!(shows swell)
Dorothy: Wait, why are you talking like that? Are'nt you supposed to be cackling?
Elphaba: That voice is only for show. This is the 21 Century! Not 1956!
Dorothy: But, it IS 1956.
Elphaba:(gawks, looks over to Glinda and points thumb to Dorothy) Seriously?
Glinda: (Shrugs) Not my fault.
Elphaba: Anyhow...(looks over with threatining motion) It's time for-
Glinda: (splashes can of Oz-Cola on Elphaba)
Elphaba:EEK!!! (runs out of the room)
Glinda: And THAT is how you melt a witch. Lesson learned?
(Dorothy nods head)
(written by Esther)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?