Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sinceraly, Me

   When I look in the mirror, this is what I see. I see a girl, that's not necessarily the smartest girl in school. She has long light brown hair that is curly, but not to curly. She is also unusually tall.  If you got to know her, which you probably won't because she is very shy, you would find out that she loves music. Music is her life. This is what I see every day. That"s Dylan. I am simply, beautifully, extraordinarily me inside and out and no one can change that. ( And if you were wondering, my parents were expecting a boy.)

 
**********
 
    "Boyfriend?!" I almost went in my pants. I dropped my pencil, which I was twiddling with, on my desk. I was in shock.
    " Ya! His name is Jake. You really need to meet him. Maybe after school we can all go
to-"
   " No, no no. No need for that." I couldn't be mad at her. It wasn't her fault.
    Out of the blue, the bell rang. Everyone picked up their load and left. Except for me, who sat there. Taking it all in.
    " Dylan honey?" Mrs. Nelson said. " Is something wrong?"
    " No. Nothing"s wrong." I still sat there. Mrs. Nelson gave me a confused ans concerned look.
    "Well then you better get to class honey. You don't want to be late!"
    I got up, almost forgetting my stuff, and moped out of the class room. My best friend, Hayden was talking to Nancy. As soon as she saw me Hayden ditched Nancy and skipped over to me.
    " Hi Dyl." She said looking sorry for me.
    " Did she tell you too?"
    "Yes. But don't worry, he sounds way to cool for Nancy. I'm sure he'll brake up with her soon." But he didn't brake up with her. Every day it seemed as if he liked her even more. What he saw in her, I have no idea. But the worst part was, Nancy was getting cooler. And the cooler she got the more annoying it was.  
    

2 comments:

  1. Good Job!!!!!!

    ~Sanjna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job writing about Dyl's emotions- I really could feel how disappointed he was!

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?