Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Sincerly, Me
It all started at the beginning of the sixth grade. I was again the baby of the school. To them, I was practically in diapers. They were the adults and we were the little kids that always got bossed around. I missed elementary school so much it wasn't even funny. I wanted to be able to sit by my friends at lunch, and only have two classes. Do you know how hard it is to keep up with all of those books and pens and projects? You have know idea. Another thing is that I missed was my friends. That summer all of my friends had found new friends. Boyfriends. No one had time for little ole me. No. All they wanted to do was hang out with their new bff's. ( Boy friends forever. At least that's what they called it.) I was the only girl in school that didn't have a new "bff". Well, besides Nancy Wolavick, the most annoying girl in school.
I was so embarrassed to walk into English class that morning. All I could see was the pairs of boys and girls . The only seat left was next to Nancy.
"Um, Mrs. Nelson? I don't see any more empty seats. Should I just pull one up next to Olivia and Bryce?" I said. Hoping she wouldn't notice Nancy sitting all alone.
She looked around the room with her sweet blue eyes. So far, she hadn't noticed Nancy.
"Ahhha! There's an empty seat right next to Nancy." I had spoke to soon. "Why don't you go sit there?" I mopped over to the ever so hyper Nancy. It was like being dragged to a movie you've seen a thousand times.
" Hi Dyl! I'm so excited you decided to sit by me! We are going to be the best of friends! Doesn't that sound fun?" Nancy said in her most perky voice.
" Hi Nancy." I tried to sound happy, but if you were in my position, you would sound as dull as I did. " And by the way, it's Dylan not Dyl."
Mrs. Nelson started blabbering something about suffixes and how to apply them. During English, I usually just listen to the important stuff and day dream the rest of the time. But it was extremely hard to concentrate on giant gummy bears about to eat the president with Nancy blabbering in your ear about her new boyfriend and how he took her to a movie and then out to a nice restaur- .
"Boyfriend?!"
4 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
I love the title of this piece, and I could really see the interaction between the characters!
ReplyDeletewow the lead really hooked me i hope threr is a sequal!
ReplyDeletelaura
I loved your lead. Your story sounds like a realistic fiction book! I felt like I was reading the first chapter of a published book. I love how the characters interact. It's a great story.
ReplyDelete-Baylee
You sound like an author. Love this story hope there is another chapter.
ReplyDelete-Jaiden