Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Birthstone Princesses: Arena One; Johnathan Rises

Johnathan Hicks was just waking up. He thought he saw a real, rainbow colored, graceful unicorn like the one in his book. But the image fainted away, leaving Johnathan to wonder what he had seen was a dream or not. He decided that it was not a dream and looked at the picture in his book again. He wondered if he would ever see the unicorn again, and when he would see her.

><><><><><><><><><

"John! Where are you?" his mother called later. Johnathan had been reading under the great oak tree close to his cabin. The tree was in the woods, therefore, his house was on the edge. Johnathan was fixed on a picture of a beautiful girl named Jewel in his book. With her neon orange hair, her eyes as blue as the Blue River near his neighborhood, her white and tattered dress that shone in all the colors of the rainbow when the light hit it, and her fair and clean skin, she was beautiful. In the book, the page  next to the picture of Jewel said,
"He who reads must embark a journey, a quest. Jewel herself said to her people,
"I wish the world would never end.
I wish I could never die."
All the people listened to her wise words before she dissapeared,
"Do not fear death, do not fear the words of war across the land. Do as you would as my father's men.
I shall return...""
"John! Is that you? It's dinner time!" his mother called again. Johnathan placed his bookmark on the page of Jewel's last words and went home. He usually loved rare cooked deer hide, but tonight he wasn't focused on dinner. Tonight, he was focused on Jewel, her beauty, and her legend.
><><><><><><><
Johnathan was at the library in his school on legendsgolore.com to find out about Jewel and what legend really says. He only found the information he already knew, but one peice really had him thinking. It said, "Only he who reads my legend will restore the Book of Lore. He must read the sacred massage and go to the Sacred Spring to find the truth." Johnathan wondered what it meant. He didn't even know where it was! He looked it up. He found out that the Sacred Spring was in the middle of the forest. Wether he liked it or not, he had to find out the truth.
><><><><><><><><
Johnathan just made it to the Sacred Spring just before the sunset, making the Sacred Spring seem like it was haunted. There was one thing he had come to do, and he was going to do it. He had forgoten the read the sacred massage in his book about the Book of Lore. He set up camp and read the message;

"Midnight is when the shadows rise, midnight is when the light hides. Young one, at midnight you shall see, who I am, I belong to thee."

Johnathan was ready. He knew that his time had come, all he had to do was wait.

I will return, for this is not the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?