Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The adventures of Kevin Hephaestus chapter 7

I learn about gods.

I saw myself in plain red pajamas. I was in a cot I saw a lot of other kids in other cots too. It looked like I was in a cabin. I heard lot of noises outside. I thought I also heard sword banging noises. I thought I just had a bad dream. I then noticed a bag with clean clothes. I changed and was about to go outside when Dudley popped up. "Hey, Kevin How are you. Glad you're awake," Dudley said. "Were are we?" I asked. " Where are we?" I asked. "We are at Camp Greek," Dudley replied. "Was the giant real? How did you survive?" I asked. " Well, let me yell you something. You know the Greek mythology stuff? Well there real. Olympus is real. The gods are real. You know how Kronos had 3 sons, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, and how they slayed there father. Well, further back in time, Kronos had a mother, who is Gaea the Earth goddess, and Ouranos the Sky god. Kronos slayed Ouranos. But what I really was going to say was that Gaea was mad that the Olympians defeated the Titans. So she unleashed her sons, the giants. Every Giant was born to destroy a god. The giants were almost going to win, but the Olympians defeated them. Gaea then fell into a deep sleep. The giants are rising again. Gaea is awakening. To awake Gaea, all the giants need to be awake. There is only one giant awake so far. We cannot let
(page 4)
the giants reawake," Dudley said. "So wait a minute. The Olympians are real and Gaea and the giants who are evil are awakening. Am I right?" I questioned. "Never before."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?