Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Birthstone Princesses: Arena Six; Emerald in the Emerald City


Johnathan was walking along the green forest path past dozens of green animals. He knew that he was heading in the right direction. Emerald City couldn't be too far away, could it? But it would take him a long time to get there at the speed that he was going. He just couldn't take his mind off Jewel, a beautiful girl from legend. He didn't even want to think about what evil things she could be doing at that moment. If only he knew...
 
 
><><><><><><
Ash was wide awake by the time her mother got into her room.
"Ash, you're up? I thought by how late you were up last night that you wouldn't be up until eleven," the Ice Queen said when she noticed her daughter at the mirror in her twilight nightgown. Ash knew that she had been up past midnight, but it was only because she had used her mothers sunriser potion. But she wasn't about to admit it.
"I have horrible news. Some boy and Princess Ruby have destroyed one of the four generators for the energy shield. We must stop them from destroying the rest," Ash informed her mother. The Ice Queen smiled. Ash knew what was going on and was an excellent reporter. But sometime it was news that she didn't want to hear, and she smiled anyway just getting one piece of news from her daughter.
"I know. And I have a plan. But in order for it to work, we have to capture Princess Amethyst," the Ice Queen implied.
"That will be to easy! She doesn't have anything to protect her but some stupid magic!" Ash laughed. She LIVED for adventure like rescuing, but this time, she was doing the opposite by kidnapping. But because of the spell, she didn't know it. BOTTOMLESS ICE! HOW I LOVE THAT BOTTOMLESS ICE!
"I have to check up on Icy! She's on!" Ash said as her mother left the room.
Here is their conversation:
Ash: Hey girl! Wassup?
Icy: Not much. But I'm bored. Think I can come over?
Ash: Nice to meet you Bored. I'll ask my mom if we can meet at the coffee shop near my place.
Icy: Ha ha, very funny. And I mean really. Ask your mom if I can come over, there's nothing to do.
Ash: I have to get a plan to capture Princess Amethyst.
Icy: Ash, I know you better than that. I want to be empress of the infinite ocean, and you want to be princess of Kilumina, and you're going to kidnap an innocent person?
Ash: It's my mom's idea, not mine. I'm only in charge of making it happen. Anyway, I'll ask my mom if you can come over.
"MOM!!! Can Icy come over?" Ash asked.
"Sure! Just remember that I expect you to remember your date with Darkart," her mom answered.
Icy: Well?
Icy: Hewo?
Icy: WHAT DOES SHE SAY?!?!?!?
Ash: Calm down. She said yes, as long as I remember my date with Darkart.
Icy: KK. Lates mate!
Ash loved chatting with Icy. But now things were different. She was going to capture Amethyst, and Icy might try to stop her.
 
><><><><><><
"Johnathan! I've been waiting for you. Now help me destroy this thing!" Princess Emerald said. Johnathan had finally made it to the Emerald City after HOURS of walking and thinking about Jewel. But he took his anger out on the generator, slicing it into two pieces with a clean cut. That was two generators down, and two to go.
 
I will return, for this is not the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?