Hunter was sleeping peacefully in his bed.
"RING RING RING!!!!" The alarm rang and Hunter shot out of his bed. In seconds, he was dressed, and ready to go.
"Happy birthday Hunter!" Said his mom.
"Happy Birthday to you, too!" He replied.
He ran out the door and headed straight towards Professor Oak's Lab.
"Well, that was awkward." He whispered to himself. "I just told my mom happy birthday. It's not even her birthday."
He marched straight up the concrete stairs into the lab.
"Hello Hunter! Ready for your first pokemon?" Professor Oak excitedly asked Hunter.
"Yes sir!" Hunter answered, with a smile.
"Ok then! Red, Green, or Blue?"
Hunter stared at the pokeballs. Red was the fire pokemon, Charmander. Green was the grass pokemon, Treecko. Blue was the water pokemon, Totodile.
"GREEN!" He scream with excitement.
Professor Oak handed him the pokeball. It was bright red at the top, and a pearly white at the bottom.
Hunter hugged Professor Oak, and then left with a "Bye!"
Hunter ran out of the lab. He was halfway down the stairs, when he heard Professor Oak say "Wait!"
Hunter stopped and turned around.
"This is your pokedex. It has all of the data of every pokemon you encounter." The Professor explained; out of breath.
"Ok, thanks. Bye Professor!"
"Bye Hunter!"
"Now let me see what you can do." Hunter said with a smirk.
He pressed the button on the pokeball and a green, lizard looking pokemon came out.
"Treecko treek!" The pokemon said.
"Hey little buddy!" Hunter said to the pokemon.
Treecko smiled, and a small caterpillar-looking pokemon came out of the bushes.
"OH MY GOD! A POKEMON! TREECKO! USE LEAF TORNADO!" Hunter screamed so loud that a person in Canada could hear him.
Treecko stepped on the ground, and a giant cyclone of twigs and leaves surrounded the pokemon.
Treecko stopped, and said "Treek!"
"Whoa. I'll name you Reptar." Hunter said to Treecko, or, Reptar.
Reptar smiled and strutted off, swaying his little tuft of grass-hair to the left.

No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?