Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Hunter Adventures: Chapter 3; The Fossil Frenzy!

Hunter entered the Pokemon Center.
"I found it on the ground, and it was hurt." Hunter said to the nurse.
"Well, he's definitely going to be better.  We can heal him very quickly." The nurse said to Hunter as she handed the Helioptile to her assistant, a chansey.
Hunter looked to the side, and saw a bulletin board.
"Want to win a cool, rare, pokemon?  Just sign up for the contest with the sign up sheet below!"
"Woah! I'll try that!" Hunter said.
He wrote down his first and last name, and his pokegear number.
"Here, all better." The nurse said with a large smile,giving the Helioptile a pokepuff.
"Thank you Nurse-"
"Joy." The nurse finished.
"Goodbye!" Hunter waved to the nurse and started to the door.  But just before he got out, someone collected the contest sheet.
Hunter was holding the Helioptile in his arms, and it drifted to sleep.
"What name should I give you? I think I'll name you Sparky."

Hunter's pokegear rang.  He picked it up and a person said:
"You have won the Rare Pokemon!  To collect it, please attend the fossil revival at 7:00 in the Fossil Center of Peelethorn City!"
"I won!? Yes!" Hunter said as he looked at his watch. "6:30, I can still make it.  Taxi!"
A blue buggy drove up to Hunter.
"C'mon in!" the taxi driver said in his raspy, Unova accent.
Hunter drove until he reached the Fossil Center.
"100 pokedollars please." The man stated.
"Here you go!" Hunter handed the money.
He looked forward at the huge lab.  He entered, and a scientist greeted him.
"Oh, you must be Mr.Hunter, come over here."
Hunter sat and looked at the beautiful, rainbow colored fossil.  Hunter heard the scientist talk again.
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, please be quiet during the fossil revival.  Remember, this thing hasn't been alive for 100 million years.  It has never seen a human.  Now, let's get started! This is a special chemical that will revive the fossil.  When I pour it on, the fossil will get all of it's muscles, skin, and abilities that it had 100 million years ago.  Now, I'll get the chemi-"
A man in a black suit ran up to the fossil and grabbed it, then started running away.
"Hey! Come back here! Hunter yelled.
The man continued to run.  But then, he tripped! He dropped the fossil onto the ground and Hunter, without thinking, threw the glass bottle with the chemical onto the fossil.  The bottle shattered, and the blue liquid oozed out.
"Amaur!" The pokemon said as it stood up.
"Quick, use Aurora Beam!" Hunter commanded the pokemon.
A ray of light shot out of the pokemon's mouth and knocked the man backwards into the wall.  The pokemon's beautiful sails shimmered on it's long neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?