Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Why, Just Why.
Melanie was sleeping. She was just sleeping. Or was she? A day later, she was buried. Doctors said she had died a day ago. Someone had killed her. (Day before Melanie's death.). She was playing at the swing. Her best friend, Rachel, had been murdered, by her. She didn't mean to. She was riding in her bicycle, near a cliff with her. Melanie wanted to ride on the edge, but Rachel said no. Melanie stole her neclace and Rachel stormed after her. Melanie threatened to throw her necklace down the cliff. Rachel shouted not to, but when she did, her echo caused a landslide. The rocks tumbled on her, and broke the cliff ledge she was on. She fell deep into the cliff, screaming, that she will get Melanie for her death. Melanie poured into tears. She saw a book. It said Read this, and it is too late! Melanie thought that reading might be her best option. Nobody knew of the incident except her. Melanie read the book. She saw pictures. Pictures of her incident. She then saw that the book glow. Every time she turned the page, the book glowed even more. She kept seeing the incident again, and again. Then at the last page, it said YOU WILL DIE. She then saw Rachel. Pale white skin. Melanie said nothing, instead, she crashed into her bed, seeing blood everywhere.
1 comment:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?

I love the suspense in this piece. It matches the tone of the picture perfectly!
ReplyDelete