Caroline Monacelli
(My Character)
Caroline Monacelli gazed out the window of her cottage and into the streets of Venice. Her young 18 year old mind was relaxed as she looked upon the peaceful scene.She had been hiding ever since her parents had died in what people were calling the disaster of the century. When Caroline was 13, her parents had decided that they wanted to become American citizens. Sadly, they did not have enough money to bring Caroline to America with them. So they left and became American citizens, leaving Caroline in Italy. However, on the way back to Italy, her parents had sunk along with the Titanic.
Suddenly, there was a sound of screaming in the streets and Caroline's door was knocked over. Caroline screamed. They yelled in a language she did not understand. Although she was pretty sure it was rough English. The next thing she knew, she was being whisked out into the streets with some of her prized possesions.Then she understood. Her parents had told her to be aware of these men. Pirates.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?