Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Jailbreak! Part 9

     Doug's heart stopped.  His best friend was going to kill him, and there was nothing that he could do.  Doug saw tears welling up in the corners of Jason's eyes.
     "I wish I had another choice, but it's either that or my family is killed.  Please understand that this is my only option.  Now leave, before I act now," Jason said sorrowfully.  Doug couldn't believe what he was hearing.  Even though Doug wanted to do the opposite, he began to run away from Jason, but first, he shouted a few last words to him.
       "Goodbye, I'm going to miss you," he said.  Doug then broke into a sprint to get away from what used to be his friend.  He headed back into the woods, with his dagger clutched tight in his hand.  He felt more sorrow than he ever had in his whole life, and that's saying something, considering that he was a prisoner.  He slowed his sprint down to a walk, and began to think about everything that was threatening his life at the moment.  Jason was sacrificing Doug to save his family, Shawn Reeve once again is General Buzzard's hit man, and he had an endless pit of hunger in his stomach.  Doug decided that the first thing he should do was to find some food.  He wandered around the woods aimlessly until he stumbled upon a fruit tree.  The tree was short so all Doug had to do was reach up and grab the fruit.  All of a sudden, he saw a rustle in the leaves of the tree.  Doug reached for his gun and dagger but neither of them were there.  Doug tried to think of which inmate in the fight was a master thief, but it was to late.  He saw the shadowy smile of Shawn Reeve appear from the branches.
        "Well hello there Mr. Ferguson, I believe we have some unfinished business to attend to."

5 comments:

  1. I love how you captured the emotional pain of both characters. I could feel how hard this was for both of them. I also really like how you brought Shawn into the scene. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn seems like Cado in the movie...
    -Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOES DOUG DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. D'you guys think Shawn or Doug die? i would personally think Shawn... -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. OhmyOhmyOhmyOhmyOhmy!!! What's gonna happen next? I can't! I'm panicking! PLEASE write Jailbreak! Part 10!! PLEASE! Every little detail is breath taking and cliff hangers are all around! Dramatic! Epic! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Doug gonna die? HELP!!!

    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?