Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mash-Up

There was a beautiful 8 year old girl named Elizabeth. She was adopted and her adoption mother forced her to clean the house all day and all night. Her adoption mother also abused her. They both lived in a small cottage near the woods with their white persian cat, Snow White. Elizabeth's  adoption mother gave Elizabeth a new name when her adoption mother adopted Elizabeth. She named Elizabeth, Miltrid. Elizabeth hated that name. So she just told everybody to call her Elizabeth. But her adoption mother still calls her Miltrid just because she knows how much Elizabeth hates that name.
  

One day Elizabeth decided to run away once and for all. I am tired of getting abused she thought to herself and I am also tired of cleaning and not having a social life. She grabbed her moms wallet to see if there was any money she could take with her. She found $500. She took it and put it into an old backpack she found in her room. She grabbed a water bottle and her favorite teddy bear. She grabbed Snow White and some cat food and put that into her backpack as well. She went straight out the door and into the woods. She ran and ran and ran. Until she saw a beautiful victorian house. She walked up to it and knocked on the door.


A handsome man opened the door and said hello. Hello. Elizabeth said. Im Ian Chandler. Really? Elizabeth asked. Im Elizabeth Chandler. Do you know a woman named Tara Chandler? Yes! He said. That is my wife. Then you are my birth mother and father! Elizabeth said happily. Yes I guess we are! He said. Come in. Ok. So where is your adoption mother? He asked. Well shes at home. I ran away because she abuses me and makes me clean the house everyday. You poor thing. He said. I have question. Elizabeth said. What is it? He asks. Why did you put me up for adoption when I was a little baby? Well me and your mother were both 16 when we had you. It was just too hard for me and your mother to go to highschool and take care of a new born baby at the same time. So we decided to put you up for adoption. Can you adopt me back? Elizabeth asked. I dont know honey. We have two children now. But I will talk to your mother about it. He said. My birth mother? Elizabeth asks. Yes. He said. Then her mother came in. She was beautiful. Your my mother? I dont think so. Her mother said. Honey, this is Elizabeth. Our daughter that we put up for adoption. Elizabeth's dad said. Elizabeth's mom gave her the biggest hug. I cried for days and days after I put you up for adoption. I really wanted to keep you but I couldnt. I thought I would never see you again. How did you get here? Her mother asks. Well my mother abuses me and makes me clean the house all the time. I ran far away and found this place so I knocked on the door and I was going to ask what the name of the street was but your husband said his last name was Chandler and so is mine. Oh well I would defidently adopt you back. But I dont have any  adoption papers. Her mother said. Well I actually got some at the library. Elizabeth said. Ok well we need your adoption mother to sign this. Well she is 5 mins away. On apple street. Elizabeth said. Ok then lets hit the road. Her dad said. Then they got into the car.



 They got there and the adoption mother came out. She grabbed the pen signed and didnt say a word just walked right back into the house. They went back home. Well you have to meet our other 2 kids this is David and this is Annabel. Hello I said. My name is Elizabeth. I know Annabel said. My mom talks about you all the time. They all gave eachother a big hug and were a family again.

2 comments:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?