Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Hunter Adventures; Chapter 8: Hunter Meets the Doctor

Hunter packed his bags and ran to his grandma's car.
"You guys have fun on your trip!" She waved.

"Here are your cards," The attendant said.
"Thanks!" Hunter and his mom said and walked to their cabin.
"Mom, I'm going to look around," Hunter told his mom.
"Be back soon sweetie!" His mom said.

Hunter walked through the maze of cabin hallways until he reached a door that he thought led to the deck.
He opened it and stepped down the stairs.
He was in an industrial-looking area of the ship.  heard a person talking, so he decided to hide behind a box to listen.
"UNREGISTERED LIFE FORM DETECTED," A low, robotic sounding voice said.
"DELETE! DELETE!" It shouted.
Suddenly, a man grabbed his arm.
"Run!" He whispered to Hunter.
Hunter ran with the mysterious man and a girl that was with him.  They ran until they nearly got to the door, but were stopped by a 6-foot tall, steel armored cyborg.  Then, they heard hundreds of them marching behind shouting "DELETE!"
The man held out a silver, flashlight-looking thing that went "Buzz."
The cyborg exploded, and behind the smoke and metal was a blonde haired, smirking woman holding a giant gun.
"Rose!" The man shouted in relief as they hugged.
"Doctor, we have to get out of here!" Rose said, as she opened the door.
They ran upstairs and rushed through the deck, into a blue police box.
''Why are you running into a blue box?" Hunter asked the man.
"Come and see," He said as he opened the door.
Hunter was paralyzed by the giant room inside the tiny police box.
"But, how? Who are you?!" He asked the man.
"The Doctor." The man said.
"Doctor who?" Hunter asked, confused.
"Just, The Doctor," He stated.
The tall man with a bowtie and fez pointed to a black-haired, short girl.
"And, this is Clara,"
"Hi, what's your name?" She asked.
"Hunter," He replied. "what's going on?  What was that robot thing?!"
"Doctor, who's this?" A red-haired woman interrupted.
"Hunter," Clara answered.
"Hi Donna," The blonde-haired girl waved.
"Who are you," Hunter asked to the blonde-haired girl.
"Rose Tyler," She told.
"What were those things?" Hunter interrogated.
"Cybermen."

4 comments:

  1. i luv doctor who
    -Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a fan of "inspired by" writing, and Dr.Who is a great inspiration! Well done, Hunter :)
    Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Part 2 to the Doctor Who crossover will come out soon!
      ~Hunter

      Delete
  3. Cool new photo.
    -Esther

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?