I walked for some time. I came across a bridge, lillipads surrounded it. I had escaped the queen. I needed to escape the world and concentrate on me. On what I had just learned. I was overwhelmed. I suddenly noticed Charles approaching. I quickly removed the roses from my hair and hands.
"You look beautiful, Katherine," he told me.
I didn't reply.
"This is my favorite place," he said again.
Then I turned to face him and noticed it. The rose. It was the same color and type as Charles had given me at the port. He noticed me looking at it and said, "That rose has an interesting story."
I looked at him with a question in my eyes.
"I am your father," he said. I was silent. I was not prepared for this.
"I put that rose in the water the day you were born," He said again.
I wasn't prepared for this either. Then he said again, "I kept those two roses until you came back to me."
Then he pulled me into a tight hug.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?