Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The White Squall

 
 
 
       Mona Lisa is named after The Mona Lisa. Obviously, she was bullied at school (we all know how vicious kids can be with words). So she would rather be called Mona. "MOOOONA!! COME EAT BREAKFAST!!!" Mona's mom yelled.
 
        "COMING, MOM!" Mona replied. Whenever Mona was at breakfast, her mom told her she was going on the biggest ship ever, The White Squall.
 
 
 
<><><><><><><><><><>
 
 
Mona Isabelle Lisa, Date:Monday Sept. 9, 1984
 
 
         I have the biggest cabin ever! This is the best ship ever, although I think we just hit an iceburg or something. Woooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhh! The boat is rocking really violently. The captain just told us to get on lifeboats. If I survive I'll write back.
 
         I survived, but I'm stranded on a lifeboat with a bear that somehow snuck on the boat. I have half the boat and the bear has the other half. I have to go catch dinner. Bye!
 
         Mona Isabelle Lisa, Date:Monday Sept. 10, 1984
 
         I've survived one day. YAY ME!
 
         I gave the bear some of my fish. I think he actually likes me now because he let me pet him. I need him to survive and he needs me. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH, good, the bear is catching fish now. I have to go, BYE!
 
Mona Isabelle Lisa, Date:Monday Sept. 11, 1984
 
 
Oh man. The bear is coming at me with a hungry look in is eyes.
 
                                                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                      
                                                                     
                                                                                                                              


1 comment:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?