Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Adventures in Minecraft, Part 3: How I wish I was Home...
"Carl?! Carl?! Can you hear me?" Steve was looming over Carl, With his purple eyes sunk into his. Carl coughed. He sat up, once again on Steve's hideous bed. "I'm completely fine-" Carl stopped. He coughed blood onto his hand. Steve raised his eyebrows. "Pretty sure you aren't fine." Carl coughed again. "What happened?" He croaked. "Well, you were caught in a Creeper's explosion. Odd you survived." There was a pause. "Hey, have you heard of Notch?" Carl stood up completely alert he heard a ringing in his ears. "Notch? I have heard of Notch... but where?" "How should i know?" Carl fell back onto the bed and fell asleep. When he awoke, Steve was reading from a journal. "So, when the Ender Dragon was finally killed, all was right in the land. Minecraft was once again sa-" "Ender dragon?" Carl said. "Boy, you haven't heard of the Ender Dragon?!" "Nada." said Carl. "A dragon which if you kill it you can do practically anything, but-" Carl stood. "We're going after that thing." "Carl, we shouldn't-" "We are going after it." "Carl! We can't!" "We are going after it!" "CARL, WE CAN NOT GO AFTER IT!" "We-are-going-after-it-that-is-final!" "OK." Steve sighed. A big smile spread on Carl's face. "Wait! This is picture of it." Carl looked at it then said: "Now i really do.
2 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
I really like your story. I am a big Minecraft fan and play everyday.
ReplyDeleteHunter- Mrs.Goins' son
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Delete