Sunday, January 19, 2014

Adventures in Minecraft, Part 6: The Nether



  Carl sat up. He felt like he needed a rewind button on his life. Why had he ran from Steve anyway? That wasn't the point. Carl stopped thinking, and remembered he had to get to The End. He looked into the night sky. A full moon lit it up. Wait. Night? Moon? "It's still nightfall!" Carl shouted. A skeleton came over and Carl took the diamond sword from his hot bar. He got closer to the skeleton and slammed the sword on its foot. The skeleton jumped up and turned red, then started shooting arrows. Carl screamed and swung the sword straight into the skeleton's shoulder. The skeleton fell over, and Carl got an arrow for this bow, some XP and a bone.He stuffed the bone into his hot bar, and set the arrow to the bow, just in case. Carl gave a sigh of relief. The least he could've done is learn some monster-fighting from Steve. Then Carl's heart raced like crazy when he saw another creeper. He ran like mad. Then he stared at the silver bottle next to his injured horse. He went over and picked it up. Then, He poked his finger inside. He came up with a gooey silver-white liquid. He held the bottle over the horses mouth. Then he poured it in. The horse jumped up. Carl got back on. He rode off. Then, when dawn was coming, he saw a sunlight-lit village. He went over and the villagers welcomed him. Would this- would this be his home? Would he live here, and never return to the real world? No. He was only staying for a day. He wondered if he could ask villagers about the items...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sara, you should have known I would check this out.


    ~ Quicksilver

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?