Lee Jordan woke up completely aware of his surroundings. He breathed. He sat up in bed and pushed off. As he walked over to his dresser he stopped. He remembered yesterday. The day he had found out... he wasn't normal. But he didn't know what or who he was either. He had just- came. Lee still remembered it sharply and clearly. It was a dark night. The rain was pounding harshly against the ground. The man had come... He had walked over, his night-black trench coat swaying in the hard rain. His black gloves had a weird symbol. Somehow Lee felt he had seen it before. The man had left as soon as he had come. His words were still ringing in Lee's ears. "You aren't normal, Lee." "How? How do you know?" "The symbol... it called me here. I am what you are Lee." "I am normal. You aren't. Leave me alone." "OK. Just- take this." Lee took the silver coin off his dresser. He spun it in his hand. Why was it familiar? He was normal, wasn't he? No. As soon as the man had left, Lee realized it was true. He wasn't normal. And the coin had something to do with it. Lee was about to put the coin in his pocket. But he heard a car's beep. He looked out his window. Someone was stepping out of their car. Lee suddenly was staring at the coin. He shoved it in his pocket. The tip of a black trench coat was seen coming through the door. The man was back.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?