Saturday, January 25, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 11


Lyre was giving Lee and Bliss a 'Hurry up already' look. "BLISS, LEE. Come on!" "OK." Lee was still staring at Darryn. "What's with his eyes?" "I don't know... wait, yeah I think he was struck by lightning on his forehead." Said Bliss. "And what's with the tattoos?" "They aren't tattoos. That's permanently on his skin." "Oh." "Well, let's go." "OK." Lyre and Bliss said. When they got away from the desert there were silvery-gold mountains shimmering in the distance. "OK. One question. How do the mortals not see this?" "I don't actually know." said Bliss. "Spell or something?" "K." "That's where Darryn lives anyway." "What? Well, never mind, sure." They headed into the mountains. "DARRYN! DARRYN! Where are you?!" Lee shouted. Bliss laughed. "It doesn't work like that." "Darryn. Come on out. Darryn." She said. They heard a low shuffle in the blackish grass. "What?" said a voice said a low soft voice. Perfect pitch. Lee thought. He looked towards the direction of the voice. He saw gold eyes shimmering in the darkness of the carved mountain. The gold eyes pointed towards Bliss. "Alright. Come in." His voice sounded like a wisp's whisper. They headed towards the eyes. They were in pure darkness. Then Darryn held up his hand and shot lightning bolts everywhere. The lanterns were all lit. "How-did-you-do-that?" asked Lee. Darryn looked at him. He looked better than he did in the picture. His hair was really different. He looked much less sophisticated than the picture. His hair was styled, and he had gold streaks throughout all of his hair. His eyes were more gold than normal, (when he wasn't wearing his sunglasses,) and even had a gold boomslang snake curling around his neck! He had a blood-red polo shirt and Abercombie & Fitch khaki's. The only problem was that he was scowling. "Bliss. I told you never to come again." He examined the 10 phones he had on his desk and picked up a royal purple flip-phone. Bliss blushed. And when she blushed, all of her skin turned the color of blood. "Is that yours, Darryn?" Lee asked. "No. It's Bliss'." He read the text. "Never speak 2 me again- Darryn" "Darryn, that was 6 years ago! We need you." "Sorry. I have to turn down the request."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?