Friday, January 24, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 7



Lee looked at Xanthos. He was on the ground, his expression more vicious than normal. Lee walked over to Xanthos and put his hand on his shoulder. "Xanthos, what's wrong?" "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Xanthos roared. He turned into a black griffin and shot into the sky at top speed. Lee looked at the griffin, slowly turning into a black speck. He turned into the King Dragon and flew after him. It didn't take long to catch up. Xanthos squawked enraged that Lee had followed him. He raised up his whip-like tail in threat and Lee held up his bed-sized claw. Xanthos made the mistake of stepping back without spreading his wings. He fell off the 500-story mountain and hopelessly tried flapping his wings. He was racing through the sky like a bullet. Trying to catch the wind, Xanthos madly spread his wings. As Lee predicted, he plummeted to the earth faster. Finally, he reached the ground. His wings hit the jagged rocks first. Lee looked away. When he looked back, Xanthos was on the rocks, almost dead and unconscious. Lee shot towards his almost-lifeless body, hopelessly trying to resurrect him. Suddenly, the griffin's leathery black eyelids slowly opened.  Lee breathed a sigh of relief. Xanthos growled. He muttered, "Lea was right." "Who?" "Lea. The Sorceress." "What was she right about? Lee scoffed. "Oh, maybe, I'm a dunce?" "No." Growled Xanthos. "She was right, about not betraying you." "What?" Lee was beginning to feel incredibly uneasy. "I should of betrayed you when I had the chance." He said softly. "Why?" "The Sorceress will win." "DON'T TALK LIKE THAT!" Lee shouted. "WE WILL WIN THIS WAR!" "War?" muttered Xanthos. "Who said it was a war? It's a war between a Animagus and  Official, that's what. The Sorceress will win, and I will join her." He touched his obsidian-dark talons across his wings and they healed instantly. He walked off. Then he stopped. "Oh, you might want this." He said, tossing a scroll with quickly scribbled letters. "It's the Prophecy of the 6 wings, that's what it is." Lee looked at the writing.
                                    When dark is light, and light is dark, 
                                When the captured sacred lark, 
                            When the prophecy is wrong,
                         The silver moon will come.
                    First get the wings water
               Then get the traitor's loving daughter.
           When the prophecy becomes weak fire, ice
       are whom you shall seek. And last of course,
  The stubborn lightning, he is yours if you promise
his fame. He will think though, this is a nice game. Try.
   Try to rename, Xanthos, of his game. He thinks that Lea
      wins. Punish him of these wretched sins. The first King
         Dragon will come back, if you steal the Great King's lack.
            Do this all, and you will get the greatest prize. My soul.
              Immortality.
Xanthos looked at Lee one last time. His blackish eyes were glassy. He turned away and said, "Lee, I read it, and thought it was wrong. But, after today I know what I have to do. And you will never rename me." And with that, Xanthos flew away.




2 comments:

  1. So is this story inspired by the book? Did the poem come from the book or did you come up with it? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!, I got the idea of Animagus from Harry Potter, Prisoner of Azkaban. It seemed like a good idea... The poem's idea is from a book, but I came up with the actual poem. -Anonymous Person

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?