Friday, January 17, 2014

Outlawed part 2

Cecile was on the floor, unconscious. I gasped and ran over. "What happened!" Finn froze. "I DON'T KNOW!" I sank to the floor.
"Cecile! Cecile wake up!" I shook her abruptly. "We need to get her to the hospital." Finn helped me pick her up and we carried her out of the door, walking fast. "We need a car or something, the people will get suspicious," Finn said.
I furrowed my brow. A car. We needed a car. NOW. "Finn, stay here with Cecile. Keep out of notice." I instructed. "Yup, keeping an unconscious girl out of notice must be really easy." Finn whispered sarcastically. I ignored him and looked out the road. I used to hate the taxis that'd come now and then, making noise. I now would die for one. I silently begged a taxi, any taxi, to come. Honk. A yellow taxi made its way up and I held up my hand. The driver stopped. "Where to?" The driver asked. "Emergency!" I said. I nodded towards Finn, who hauled Cecile over and placed her oh-so-carefully on the back seat. I sat in the back. "I'll need money anyway," The heartless driver scowled as he drove. I set Cecile on my lap. Its okay. You'll be alright. I don't know what happened. You'll survive, I whispered to Cecile. I held back a coming tear and combed back Cecile's dark brown hair. Her face was pale, her rosy cheeks had faded into nothingness. Finn looked rather serious as the taxi halted. I saw an american blue shield as I lugged Cecile out and carried her to the entrance. International Royal Hospital was engraved on the top of the building. As soon as I got in, a nurse rolled a rolling bed towards me and I set Cecile on it. "ID?" The nurse asked. I was  about to shout back at the nurse that she shouldn't be worrying about an ID when Finn put a hand on my shoulder. "Calm down." He said and turned to the nurse. "HER SISTER NEEDS HELP AND DO WE LOOK LIKE INTRUDERS?"  Finn shouted at the nurse, who ran away.
Finally, we reached a doctor. I payed no attention to him as he rolled Cecile's bed into a room.
                                                           ***
Me and Finn sat in the waiting room, a woman across from us. Finn was digging into a newspaper. I glanced at the woman. She was thin necked, her face was incredibly white, with blood-red cheeks and lips. She looked...beautiful. Her beauty almost seemed piercing. The woman glanced at me, it was too late to look away. A smile tugged at the end of her lips. Finn put down his newspaper. The woman still smiled at me. I fake-coughed and tried to end her staring. "T-Tasmine?" Finn looked at me. Then, something happened. The woman's eye color changed. I felt a piercing pain as I stared. I tried to pry my eyes away, but I couldn't. Who was this lady? Suddenly, the pain made a terrible, shocking end and the world went black.

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I Love your story!!!

    ~Elle T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for all the nice compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Amazing description. It's very well described, excellent plot, i love it!
    -Sara J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey it's mathew good writing skills, you really wowed me



    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?