Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Minetrapped! Chapter 4: Gone exploring
Today I decided to go out to the unknown world to explore. Maybe I could find a way out of here. To keep my trail, I broke a block I'd just walked and continue. I went over mountains, through deserts, through water and in forests. Around late afternoon, I found a village. I asked around on how to get out, but the same reply: The leader of the village. ( I forgot his name...) they said to start at the edge of the village and start WEST. The leader is near a river. when I finally got there, it was nearly sundown. He let me in and asked me WHO I was and WHY I was here. I replied back. He looked merely surprised to see that I was anxious to get out. When we finished our conversation, it was dark. The leader invited me to stay, so I stayed. I couldn't sleep that night. I tossed and turned. ( Never knew you could do that too...) When it was early morning, I was wide awake. After some delicious potatoes and carrots, the leader and I collected our needs and set off. ( I secretly took some crops from the village, too!) We walked past my home and decided to stop there. I stored the extra food and back to bed. This time, I slept soundly.
Labels:
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?