Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Notice...
I have never had this happen before with a class, and I am extremely disappointed. Be sure to bring you writer's notebook and a pencil next Wednesday as we will NOT be using the laptops in class.
Sincerely,
Mrs.Goins
8 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
Wait, wait, wait... does this mean... WE CAN'T POST ANYMORE?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteIf so, DARN! If not, Phew... Please respond immediately, I seriously need to start up on the posts. ): - Your extremely concerned student, Sara
Sara, Hopefully on Wednesday we will get to the bottom of this. Someone went in and changed the title of my snow day post to an inappropriate word. I told everyone in the class that it only takes ONE person ONE time to mess up and I would pull the plug. We will get to the bottom of this on Wednesday. Until then I would write in a word doc and save to upload.
DeleteWho did abuse of publishing? ):< I NEED TO WRITE!!! I do this, like EVERY day normally! What will I do in my uh, 4 hours i'm on here, (says quietly) ,just make comments?! This is DISASTROUS! - Your extremely- fuming-because-i-need-to-write-student, Sara
ReplyDeleteI agree, I am sure it is disappointing to many of you who didn't do anything wrong. It only takes ONE person to mess it up for the rest of us :(
DeleteIf the abuse of publishing has something to do with Anonymous Person, please tell me... this is for, uh, no reason. -Sara
ReplyDeleteNo, nothing to do with Anon-
DeleteThis is so horrible! Somebody did the wrong thing and now the WHOLE class has to suffer through it! I really feel sorry for you guys, this is your first year of Alpha and, well, this happened!
ReplyDelete-Esther
Sadly, it only takes one person to mess it up for everyone :(
Delete