Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Natures Wonders Part 5

     "Dinner!" Amanda's mom yelled from downstairs. Amanda dries off the water from her arms and ran downstairs with Todo following her. She sat down at the table.
     "I made your favorite," said Amanda's mom. "Spaghetti and meatballs!"
     "Thanks, mom," Amanda said quietly.
     "Are you ok?"
     "Yeah, mom."
     "Tell the truth."
     "Really!" said Amanda. "I'm ok!"
     "Ok, honey. Now eat."
     "All right, mom." Amanda picked at her food with her fork.
     "Aren't you hungry?" Amanda's mom asked.
     "Not really," Amanda said. She looked at her mom. She nodded. Amanda walked up to her room and lay on her bed, then fell asleep. 


                                                                                                                                                                

7 comments:

  1. I am so sad. I can't post on this anymore 'cause I don't know the new password. My days on this blog as a blogger are over. :*( At least I can still comment :l
    -Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. add a 1 to the end of the regular password to the blog =D Charlette M.

      Delete
  2. Its a great story and I love how you made the story visible to me!

    ~Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the conversations that are happening in this story, but would like to see them paragraphed better to make it easier to read and understand who is speaking. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes... Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your story and I also like how you named your title "Natures Wonders"
    -Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey its Mathew i think you added really good punctuation i really like it

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?