Monday, March 10, 2014

Natures Wonders Part 10

Before Amanda went outside, she had slipped a tube with the magic liquid that healed her chipmunk in her pocket. She walked into the forest and sat on the tree stump she had before. She had a whole plan down in her mind. The animals came back. Their black fur and red eyes were very unwelcoming. Amanda's plan was taking place perfectly. She pulled the tube out of her pocket and popped off the cap. She threw the cap off somewhere into the forest and a bird went to retrieve it. Then the bird came back, perched on a branch close to Amanda, and dropped the cap on her head. "Ow!" She cried. The animals chattered and chirped. Amanda assumed they were laughing at her. She took a long jump off the stump onto a tree, and started to climb it. Then she threw the healing medicine at the animals and waited.

1 comment:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?