AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Blake thought. He was tired and worn out. He hadn’t slept very well. Last night, there was an invasion. After that, everyone had to move out. Even though Oliver protested, everyone insisted to do it in case something else happened or the invaders left something behind to spy on them. So since everyone was already awake, they set sail through the full moon. It was a foggy night. It helped Blake fall asleep. Sort of. The rocking of the boat made him seasick. As for Jay, who was sharing the room with him, he was asleep and snoring away. What if we can’t find a new place? Blake thought. What if…What if we never get to save Horonza? EVER? Blake thought worriedly. Sometimes his friends called him a worrywart, but this was SERIOUS. Blake sighed out loud. Jay snorted. The sounds of the sea calmed him. “Don’t worry, we’ll get there. If they are trained correctly, they will save Horonza.” Blake perked up. It was Oliver’s voice. He listened very carefully to the conversation. Suddenly, he heard the other trainers talk. “But this is our last chance… What happens if they CAN’T save Horonza? Generations will die. Where will we go?” said Ursula’s trainer. Even though Blake had met all the trainers, he still couldn’t tell everyone’s name. ”Don’t worry, like I said, with hard work and training, they can save the land. But we are still at certain risks.” Oliver said. At the end of the word risks, Oliver sounded a bit worried.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The Four Elements: The conversation
AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Blake thought. He was tired and worn out. He hadn’t slept very well. Last night, there was an invasion. After that, everyone had to move out. Even though Oliver protested, everyone insisted to do it in case something else happened or the invaders left something behind to spy on them. So since everyone was already awake, they set sail through the full moon. It was a foggy night. It helped Blake fall asleep. Sort of. The rocking of the boat made him seasick. As for Jay, who was sharing the room with him, he was asleep and snoring away. What if we can’t find a new place? Blake thought. What if…What if we never get to save Horonza? EVER? Blake thought worriedly. Sometimes his friends called him a worrywart, but this was SERIOUS. Blake sighed out loud. Jay snorted. The sounds of the sea calmed him. “Don’t worry, we’ll get there. If they are trained correctly, they will save Horonza.” Blake perked up. It was Oliver’s voice. He listened very carefully to the conversation. Suddenly, he heard the other trainers talk. “But this is our last chance… What happens if they CAN’T save Horonza? Generations will die. Where will we go?” said Ursula’s trainer. Even though Blake had met all the trainers, he still couldn’t tell everyone’s name. ”Don’t worry, like I said, with hard work and training, they can save the land. But we are still at certain risks.” Oliver said. At the end of the word risks, Oliver sounded a bit worried.
2 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
What is the goal of saving her? Maybe I am missing a critical piece of information on this...
ReplyDeleteMrs.Goins
What? I didn't say that I needed to save a "her". You probably misunderstood what I was trying to say. -- Lisa
Delete