- Ursula would distract Lord Cormandes, it seemed like he liked her out of all of them. ( Naturally.)
- Blake, Jay and Oliver would look for the Flame/ Fight the Ram if needed.
- Ariel would do border patrol. (Author's note: BORING!!)
Ariel gasped for breath. She panted as hard as a dog wanting the piece of bacon you were holding over the dog's head. " Finally!" Jay announced. " Oliver's injured." He pointed at Oliver, who's eft arm was bleeding ever so slightly. Ariel gasped. " I'll be fine." Oliver assured her, giving a weak smile. Blake dragged Oliver to safe grounds. Around her, a battle was being fought. Masked men were skillfully fighting Blake and Jay. Ariel jumped into the action. Time to get the Flame. She thought. The Ram, apparently waqs watching the battle. Ariel walked over. " Please, we need the Flame. The Never named ones are rising to power. Please. Help." She gasped. The Ram considered the thought. in a deep, smooth, voice, he said, " I will, but what shall you return for me?" Ariel thought." Freedom. You will be able to roam free in the fields." She pointed to the grassy geen hills upon the gardens. The Ram looked thoughtful. " I will. But you must fight the battle to earn my respect." Ariel charged into battle. Dodging and diving, she fought her way through.
Finally, the battle ended. At last, the Ram smiled. He slowly dug up a hole under the cherry blossom that was next to him. The Flame shimmered into the light of the Sun. Blake slowly picked it up. The Flame was finally here.
END OF BOOK 1 OF TTHE FOUR ELEMENTS.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?