Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Books... Just Books.

Why do I have to write this? To be a good author, your writing comes from other books. Admit it. You still use those catchphrases you got from Percy Jackson, interesting words you liked from The Hobbit, and British words that you adored  from the JK's Harry Potter. So here, I'm not doing any different, and I'm going to recommend some books that will help you write and get some Ideas.


The ghostly stuff...
If you like to be creeped out and get weird dreams during night, if you like those creepy ghosty stuff and all that, (which I don't, I mean, there's so much dreams I can handle), then let me suggest Haunted schools. I read it, and I kind of regret I did...
 
The futurama people.
Do you want to know the future? These books are the kind that take place in the future. Usually, they are teen books, but the one below is fairly appropriate. I'm a fan of futurama, and I literally live for these books, so here are two books I thoroughly reccomend:
First: Cinder, by Marissa Meyer (My personal favorite): 

Now, here comes the second one. Legend, by Marie Lu. I really like this, as a second favorite. 

Historical...
World war I and II, stuff like that, if you like to read about history (in a fiction way) then you might want to read these to books.
First: Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. This book is good, and I personally love it. 

Next: Bud, not Buddy. You have to read this.

Family, friends...
If you like those books about family and friends, then you should read this:
Fig Pudding. I love this one!

The famous book readers:
If you read those really famous books like harry potter, read this:

If you want more:

IF you want more:


The nonfictioners.
I don't like nonfiction, but if you do, then you have to read this:

The Poetryheads:)...
Do you enjoy poetry? Then you have to read these.


also:


That's about it.
Yup, that's it. Remember two things:
Never judge a book by its cover
Read at least one of these.


1 comment:

  1. You used the Percy Jackson movie cover...

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?