Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jailbreak! Part 11

  The world seemed to swirl around Doug as his unconscious state continued for days.  After a whole week he came to.  He could hardly see anything, but he could tell he wasn't alone.  He could make out a dark figure sitting next to him, sharpening a knife.
   "Am I in Heaven?" Doug asked.  The figure was startled but quickly recovered.
   "No, still on the battlefield.  I saved you before Reeve could kill you," the figure said.  His voice was deep and raspy, but it was eerily familiar.
   "How long was I out?" Doug asked out of curiosity.
    "A week, but I fed you and gave you water as you......slept,"said the figure.  Doug thought about this stranger's voice.  It was very familiar, but he couldn't place it.  Even with his vision slowly coming back, he still couldn't make out the mysterious figure, because of the surrounding darkness.
    "Who are you?  And what do you want with me?" Doug asked out of curiosity.
    "Well, I might as well tell you.  I need allies.  There are only six remaining in the games, and I think I'm next.  I also believe you might want someone by your side, with you being chased by Shawn, so what do you say, Doug?" asked the stranger.  Doug considered this.   Being chased by Shawn and all, was really, REALLY, bad, and he really could use all the help he could get.  But, he had no clue who this man was.......yet.  It would be risky to say yes, but suicidal to say no, since he was the only one of the two of them without a weapon.
     "Okay sure, but first, tell me who you are," Doug proclaimed.
     "Well but of course, why wouldn't I?" he said sarcastically.  Doug heard the sound of a match being ignited as a small flame lit the room.  The light was enough to see as the man held the match to a lantern.  After a couple seconds, the lantern lit up the area, and Doug could see everything.  He was in a small cave, propped up against a log.  But that is what surprised him.  He saw that sitting directly across from him was his former friend, Jason.

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry I left you hanging for so long, but I am a very forgetful person, and my next post will be out soon! Once again, so sorry:)
    -Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Ty,I'm forgetful,too.It's why I don't have many "Chapter 2"s for my stories.

      ~Quicksilver

      Delete
  2. I am SO excited to see you posting again! You have no idea how popular you are with all the kids in the ALPHA writing class :) Excellent entry and wonderful build up to the reveal of Jason. Love it! Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-whee. Talk about cliff hangers! But the story is awesome. I'm liking the series. But ironically, I haven't read the first one. Violent, but cool.
    Awesomeness.
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I'm like, blinking my eyes a million times and going "Woah." I didn't realize that Jason was saving Doug. * Whistle* Lots of cliff hangers if you ask me, have to agree with Sara. Yeah. You did leave us hanging for a while. I was like
    "What's going to happen, what's going to happen, TY! TELL ME WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT!" A very clear sign of inspiration from the Hunger Games. Very good!

    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. please don't stop!you really have a talent,publish this and you'll be a millionare,or maybe a zillionare!!!!!!
    -speedy gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  6. In part12 Doug should find a tank engine.

    Ramond

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome story-Celina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Subarashii,Ty-kun!

    ~Piri-tan

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?