Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My REAL name

A lot of people call me different names. I understand that it is "hard" to pronounce my name. Here are the "names" I was called.

-Alyssa: One of the most popular names, I used to have a friend named Alyssa and now everyone is mixing up our names.

-Elise: Not as popular, but a lot of people still call me that.

-Alisha: Second most popular and for some reason, this name bugs me the most. Don't know why.

-Lisa: My official nickname, and everyone is satisfied with that one. Easy peasy.

-Alisa: Okay. This is one on how people spell it. "I"? I don't know where people get THAT one.

-Alsya: This is an old one on how people spelled my name. I don't know how they ALSO got that one.

-Eliza: Ah... One of the names most closest to mine. But it still isn't my name.

-Liza: The nickname for Eliza, I guess people misheard my nickname and started calling me Liza. No idea, to be honest.

-Lyssa: Close to Alyssa, which is the most popular name called for me.

-Aylsa: SO close to getting my name right! But not yet.

Okay. All of the names that people have spelled, misheard, or pronounced wrong, these are not my real names. So, you're wondering what my REAL name is, right? And I bet, right off the bat, you'll start calling me one of the names I listed that people have called me in there past, or GREAT! Make a new nickname for me. That will make..... 10 different names that people have called me, plus you, makes 11 nicknames. We can name 11babies for that. But guess what? All these names are basically, well, ME. So that makes 12 babies we can name. You want to know my name? It's Alysa. Want to know how to pronounce it? Uh-lEE-sa. Best I can do for you right now. If you are also called the wrong name, I feel you. It's tough having to correct everyone every time when they call you name. Same thing goes with my last name, but we're on my first name. It might be hard to pronounce, but it's a pretty name and it means noble-kind and rational, powerful and complete. I am good intellectually and require several outlets for my energies. I am not a builder but a planner, and I want others to carry out my plans. I am bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. I know what you want and why you want it. Dependable, very down-to-earth and well grounded, I am always looking for meaningful work, a career where I can take pride in my work and do the best job I am capable of. My prime desire is to build protected and secure environment at home and at work. I can be very persuasive in achieving goals and gaining objectives. I  can be very detailed and well-organized and possess great organizational skills. At times I may appear too stubborn and overly critical to others, but my practical approach to life and productivity makes me one of the most beneficent members of community.

Resources: sevenreflections.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?