Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The Four Elements: Party-bombers
Blake looked around. People were partying late into the night. Even Oliver had managed to party along with everyone and was talking to Jay's parents. Jay looked like he was having the time of his life, being at the center of attention. Blake looked around to find Ariel and Ursula, who were busily talking to what seemed like what they say was a "hot guy." Blake raised his eyebrows when Ariel blushed and Ursula giggled. " Sheesh," Blake said as the mysterious figure left. "you guys are in love with him, right?" Blake smirked. They were furiously shaking their heads as Blake smirked even more. "Okay, fine." Ursula said. "We like him." Blake's smirk wavered. "Aw... You don't like me?" Blake asked with pretend pain. "We like you too... But," Ariel started. "FINE! We like you too!" Ariel complained. Blake cleared his throat. "You don't love me?!" He demanded hands on hips. Ariel and Ursula winced at this. Secretly, Blake liked Ursula, but he didn't think that Ursula liked him back. "Fine!" Ursula said. "We love you!" She said, throwing up her hands. Blake was enjoying this, so he pushed them further. "Which one? Both of you can't love me, then there would be a love triangle!" They looked at each other, as if deciding who would claim that they would like Blake more than the other. Blake smirked again. Finally, they decided. "Fine! I love you, Blake! Happy?" Ursula said, annoyed and putting emphasis on the word. Blake was sure that Ursula was trying to look like he was faking it, but Blake had observed her actions and had showed some affection. Blake smirked wider than ever. "Huh. Do you prefer that guy or me?" Again, they hesitated at the thought. "We like you better." They said. Blake seemed satisfied. He walked off, leaving the girls dissolving in fits of laughter. Everyone seemed too. He carefully looked at Ursula and Ariel. They were also looking at Blake. Blake walked up to Jay, saying, "So! How is it like being at the center of attention?" Jay looked slightly down at him; Blake was shorter than him, replying "Good. But it's so tiring! People keep asking me things, whatever." He showed a hand movement meaning that he heard but didn't care. Blake smirked. "Jeez! You smirk too much!" Jay said. "I heard your conversation." He said, adding a wink at him. An they were talking, Blake heard a scream.
Labels:
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?