Sunday, November 23, 2014

Diversions: Questions


Surprisingly, quite the amount of people have asked me questions about this. (Not you people reading the blog, but my outside-world friends.) So I'm gonna answer some.

Q. Do you base characters on real people?
A. Oh, totally. This stems to other questions, though...

Q. Who's your favorite character?
A. Well, to quote the maker of the Riddle School games, it usually happens to be the character most like you. So, basically, Skylar DiAngelo.

Q. Who's the best in the Percy Jackson series?
A. This is relevant? But, hey, Nico and Luke all da way.

Q. Who are the BOY characters based on?
A. This is one of THE MOST popular question. Sort-of long answer. Ivan Nightshade is based on a really mysterious kid name Nikolas in my old school in Florida. (He was born with silver hair, yes, I do see your jaw dropping.) Zachary Taylor is literally based on a drama club kid at my school named Zachary. Even what he looks like is the same. Falkner came straight out of my mind. (I DID get the name from the flying-type gym leader in Pokemon, just to make it ironic.)
Cynder: A SON OF KHIONE NAMED 'CINDER' OMIGODOFOLYMPUS, THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!

Q. Who are the GIRL characters based on?
A. Also a popular question. Kind of long answer. 
Skylar, well, I just wanted to make a get-it-all kid. Gets the best guys, Sister of Artemis (pretty cool), lots of adorable dogs.
Celeste is the warrior. Strong, courageous, beautiful- she's Annabeth Chase jr., but doesn't get Percy jr.
Let's talk Lexis. She's a special case- a mix of all my friends (Lisa, Jojo, and Quicksilver included) AND enemies (Spencer Patrick Akin, I'm talking to YOU), which I think is pretty 'cool'. She has mind-crushing sarcasm of Spencer, but the common sense and attitude of my friends. Her friend, Carter, is based on a very annoying joker who is not friend or enemy, but leaning towards friend. 

Q. OMIGODZACHARYISHAWT!!!
A. ...that's not a question... surprisingly, peeps have this 'question' a LOT. You haven't even SEEN him, plus, I'm not the greatest of describers. Pretty much all you know is the brown hair and chestnut-colored, chestnut-SHAPED eyes. 
Oh, and *winks* he's with a different camper.

Last question, by far the most asked. People who read it and talk to me physically always ask this.

Q. Why the BURGERZILLA did you write this? (You can replace BURGERZILLA with whatever you want. It's just people say BURGERZILLA the most.)
A. Well, truth is, the story is, really, not my idea. It was produced by my friend, Taylor Landon. (Can you guess if it's a girl or boy? I'd like to see you try.) But due to their lack of writing skills, I made the story. Of course, when they told it, they said 'daughter of Nico', not 'Skylar DiAngelo', so I was free to make up the names. (OK, gender revealed: they're a girl.) The one person she DID come up with was her (*gag* She is two years older than me) boyfriend's (Zachary West) base character (Zachary Taylor.) 

THAT's ALL FOLKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?