Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Cats
Cats. Felines descended from some of the greatest predators in the wild. Many people love cats and consider them family, while others hate cats and think them evil. Why? Many dog lovers consider cats lame or stupid, because they do nothing all day. This fact might be true, but please note the word day. If you really want to see cats in action, watch them at night. Some cats will run about, and some even hunt birds from their nests, for they are nocturnal.
Still think cats are bad? Let's review the 'facts': Cats are lazy.
Cats cough hairballs.
Cats are destructive.
Cats are mean.
Cats steal fish from the fish bowl.
We already explained lazy. Now lets explain hairballs. My cat always goes out to the yard and chews on the grass. Huh? Let me explain. He is sucking the juices that will help the digestive system. If you are wondering why he has to chew the grass it is because of one simple fact: cats don't have lips. Now, before you start saying stuff like " ha! See? They don't have lips! That is so freakish! Let me say another fact: dogs don't either. Basically, you can just ask a vet or other cat owners tips on hairballs.
This is the end of part 1. I will go over destructive, mean, and fish bowl next week. Thank you for reading! (P.S even though I am writing about cats I don't want to insult dogs either. They are just as good!)
1 comment:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
I'm a dog person, but I do appreciate you writing to give me the details of what cats are really like!
ReplyDelete