Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jailbreak! Part 2

 Jason Grant.  The name kept ringing through Doug's head.  Jason slowly walked up onto the stage with his whole body shivering.  "Well, what a surprise, Jason.  You were the last person I'd expect to be drawn.  Oh well, onto the next name," said Chief Buzzard.  He sprinted across the stage to the jar and grabbed the first name he saw.  "Shawn Reeve," said Buzzard.  Shawn Reeve, another inmate of Helm's Prison, stood up looking rather joyful and darted to the stage.  Buzzard read of several more names including, George Rodriguiez, Tiffany Homesburger, Rick Sodden and more until they finally got to the last name.  "Now, ladies and gentleman, the final name is about to be drawn......." said Chief Buzzard.  He walked across the stage to the jar and stuck his hand in.  He pulled out the name and looked out among all the prisoners.  "The last name is.........Doug Ferguson" said Buzzard.  Doug's face turned bloodshot red.  He slowly rose from his steel chair and wobbled to the stage.  "Well, ladies and gentlemen, this year's Punishment Day contestants!" shouted Buzzard.  The prisoners cheered, probably because they weren't chosen, but, they cheered.  The officers led of the contestants in to the Punishment Day building and close the door tightly and locked it.  The Punishment Day building has the most high security prison inside, so the contestants have no chance of escape.  Doug watched Jason walk in to his cell behind him.  Then the officers through Doug into a cell, luckily right next to Doug.  All of a sudden, a buzz filled Doug's ear.  An invisible electric force field kicked on and Doug knew it.  Now, there was no way out.  "Doug!" yelled Jason through the little slot they could talk through.  "Yea, I'm here," said Doug.  "We need to make an alliance and think of a plan for the fight," said Jason.  "That's not what I'm thinking about," said Doug.  "What are you thinking about?" asked Jason.  There was a long period of silence.  Finally, Doug's hoarse voice said one word that changed everything.  "Escape."

4 comments:

  1. this is the best story i have ever read!!!!! PLEASE ty when you are done writting the whole story publish the book and i will be your 1st customer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more!!!!! Waiting for part 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?