Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Jailbreak! Part 3

  Jason sat there in silence and the look on his face said it all.  He was scared out of his mind.  "Are you sure you want to try that?" Jason whimpered.  "Absolutely.  I don't want to be forced to kill you.  Do you want me to kill you?" asked Doug.  Once again, Jason was silent.  "Obviously he needs some alone time. I'll let him rest for the night," Doug thought.  Doug layed down on his bed, pulled the blankets over his head, and went to sleep.  Doug awoke with a start the next morning.  Jason had somehow gotten into his cell.  "Hey buddy," he said.  "HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE!" Doug exclaimed.  "They needed to use my cell for a place to hold the weapons, so, I moved in here," said Jason.  "Fine with me," Doug mumbled.  "You know we have to compete tomorrow in the arena. Last night, I had a hard time swallowing what you said, but now, I agree. We have to escape.   I have a plan too," stated Jason.  "Well someone came in here prepared. So, what's the plan? " asked Doug.  "This is the plan.  I pretend that I have been wounded and you call for help.  The officers will come in and treat me and pay no attention to you, who escapes out of the cell and uses you pocket knife to pick the lock on the front door, and escape.  Then I will kill the officers with my bowie knife and escape with you.  So......how's that plan sound to you?" asked Doug.  "It's not like I have any plan.  Sounds good to me," said Doug.  Jason started to moan, all of a sudden.  Doug saw Jason mouth these words to him.  "The plan starts now."  Doug immediately understood.  "Someone, man wounded!  Man wounded!  HELP!!!" screamed Doug.  As Jason predicted, the officers arrived in a flash.  When they arrived, they payed no attention to Doug, so, he escaped from the cell with ease.  No officers were in sight.  Doug was a little confused, but he wasn't going to miss this chance of escape.  All of a sudden, he heard footsteps behind him.  He knew he had to run faster.  He turned a corner and saw the huge wooden door down the long hallway.  It was going to be a long shot, but, there was a chance he could make it.  He finally reached the door and ripped the pocket knife out of his pocket.  The officers weren't far behind.  He stuck the blade in the lock and twisted it.  All of a sudden, he heard a click, and the door swung open.  Doug was filled with joy.  Freedom was upon him.  He was about to run through the open door when he heard a shout right outside the door.
     "FREEZE NOW!!!"  Doug whipped around to see who was shouting and his heart stopped.  Chief Buzzard had a pistol aimed straight at his heart.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for part 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series leaves me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait to see what happens in the next installment :)
    Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I wonder if the plan works. I just can't wait to find out what happens! :)
    -amethysthare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book. when will part four come out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. did cheif buzzard have the pistol pointed at his own heart or dougs heart?
    -lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really spenceful story
    really good job

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?