Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Something unexpected : Part 2

"Kate your a z-z-zombie!!!" Jane said shivering." But but how?" Kate moaned and groaned.  Suddenly Jane heard more moans. She turned around and saw her mom,dad,and the mailman! "Ahhhhh what's happening!" yelled Jane. She ran as fast as she could to her house. She ran past all the people in her town who were all zombies. Finally when she got to her house. She went to the garage to get the wood her dad had already cut out in case of  a hurricane. She grabbed the hammer and quickly put up the wood boards when she heard moaning. She ran outside to the bomb shelter in the backyard. Luckily there was food. As soon as Jane locked up the shelter she started texting her friends to see if one of them was not a zombie. She texted Isabelle, Kendall, and Storme. It had been 15 minutes since she sent the text but still no answer. Suddenly her phone rang. It was Storme." Omg it is so good to here your voice." said Jane.
"What's going on, Jane? Why are there zombies everywhere?"
"That does not matter right now. What matters is if your ok. Where are you?"
"I'm in my room with the door locked."
" Ok I'm coming over to your house so I can bring you back to my house. We can hide in my bomb shelter."
"Ok."
Jane quickly ran over to Storme's house which was 2 streets away. When she got there she knocked on the door once and Storme was there waiting. They ran as fast as they could back to the bomb shelter. "Are you ok?" Jane asked.
"Yes I'm fine but I'm scared Jane."
"Don't worry we will be fine if we stay in the shelter." 
 Suddenly.......the door burst open!

1 comment:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?