I battle an eagle, or was it
a lion?
When I woke, I was on the middle of the road, Dudley was
nowhere in sight. I was alone in the dark. I then saw a light in the distance.
I thought it was people looking for me, but it turned out to be a car. I forced
myself to get up and ran out of the road into the forest. I crashed into the
muddy ground. It then started raining. Great I thought. My problem just got
worse. I then saw a beast flying in the air. It looked like a lion with large
wings. It then noticed me and soared over to me. I knew what it was. I learned
it in class. It was a griffin. A griffin was a combination of a lion and an
eagle. It had the body and head of a lion, wings, and talons of an eagle. Why
did they say Cyclops and griffins were myths when they were not. I suddenly
remembered I also learned about the giants. I saw Giant Hephaestus who they
said was a myth. I couldn't believe this. But it was no time to regret what I
saw. I had to worry how to deal with the griffin. The griffin charged at me. I
rolled over and transformed my coins to a shield and sword. This time I pointed
my sword at it. It stopped and growled. I then charged at it. The griffin then
turned back and flew of. I decided to go the way the griffin was going. I
suddenly became too dehydrated. I fell to the ground. I then felt somebody pick
me up. I couldn't see who it was. I fell into a deep sleep. I was dreaming about this lady. It looked like she was sleeping.
She then started talking to me. "The world will come
to an end. My sons shall all be awake and soon awake me. Everyone shall bow
down to me." I wondered what she meant. I then questioned her," Who
are you?"
"I am the earth goddess, Gaea. You shall
soon end your days in the hands of my sons. Your blood should make me powerful
along with all your friends," Gaea replied. I then questioned her why be so bad. she then replied that the
Olympians destroyed her sons. She then drifted away and I soon awoke.
,"
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?