Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Birthstone Princesses: Arena Five; Ruby in the Hideaway

"We need to hold them off!" Johnathan said while he was fighting an un-melting ice monster.
"I know, I'm trying the best I can, they're too strong! Wait, I'll hold them, you go on ahead, I'll catch up later!" Layla said. Miss Fairagonda had told Layla, the fairy of waves, to help Johnathan. Johnathan was looking for Jewel, a beautiful girl from legend and was going to save her. Jewel had been captured by the evil Ice Queen and had been turned to evil by an evil spell. It seemed like only yesterday that he was with Jewel, just about to have his first kiss and finally find true love. But it wasn't yesterday. In fact, he had never kissed her at all yet. He just hoped that she was ok, while he was running for his life, trying to find Princess Ruby, who was at the first energy field generator which was part of the Ice Queen's plan to get to the Book of Lore.
 
><><><><><><
"Ash, wake up," the Ice Queen said, leaning over Jewel. When the spell had been put on Jewel, she had been called Ash, probably because the Ice Queen thought that it was an evil name for a daughter. Yes, only last night had the Ice Queen signed the contract to make Jewel her daughter, and only love to a good could break the contract and the spell.
"Mom, I'm up, I'm up," Ash said, brushing the icicles out of her beautiful neon orange hair. Ash didn't like one thing about living with the Ice Queen; it was too cold. She had no memory of Johnathan, and she wasn't about to ask about him. Besides, she was too busy anyway. Her 15th birthday was coming up, and she was emailing her new friends, Icy, Darsy and Stormy about her party. The Ice Queen was going full out to plan Ash's party, while Ash was just going to hang out with Icy Darsy and Stormy like a mini birthday party. She had no idea that the party was being planned, which was the way the Ice Queen wanted it.
"Mom? Where are you? I'M UP!!" Ash called as she walked into the throne room. Then Darkart, the one she was loving, walked by.
"Darkart, have you seen my mom?" Ash asked as Darkart gave her a black rose.
"That's why I was looking for you. I need to talk to her about our date tonight, but I can't find her anywhere," Darkart replied. Ash knew what this meant, but her mind was somewhere else because soon she was on the balcony, eating a warm breakfast of waffles with syrup and butter with a cinnamon roll on the side with Darkart.
><><><><><><
Johnathan walked to the fresh water river near his camp with some blueberries in his hand. He had only packed berries for the trip because he didn't want his mom noticing that some food was gone from the fridge. At least he was far from home. Here are the reasons he likes being away from home;
  1. He didn't have to do his chores.
  2. He loved the outdoors.
  3. He was trying to save Jewel
But Johnathan was getting homesick. He missed his mom, he missed his dad, and he missed his dog. Of course, he knew that he had to do it. Otherwise, the Ice Queen would be controlling the universe at that moment. Then he saw a red light. That's Ruby's magic, Johnathan thought. He raced to the scene. Sure enough, Ruby was trying to destroy the generator. Johnathan finished the job by attacking the generator like it was a dragon.
"Thank you Johnathan. Now we will find Jewel and stop the Ice Queen together," Ruby said to Johnathan. Now that he had some help, maybe there was a chance that he could stop the Ice Queen.
><><><><><><
"Ash, have you seen the 'What Does the Fox Say?' video on YouTube?" Icy asked Ash on their electron chat.
"Nope. Can you send me it?" Ash asked, waiting for the video to start up. When it did, she was dancing around her room in no time. But soon Ash heard her mother say,
"Ash! I remembered you date with Darkart. You need to get ready, he'll be here in five minutes!"
"Bye Icy, gotta go," Ash said as she shut down the program and closed her laptop to get ready for her date with Darkart. But there was one problem; she could NEVER decide what to wear! She always ended up randomly picking an outfit at the last minute and was late for her date. But this time, she knew that Darkart was going to take her somewhere fancy because she was celebrating her birthday with him first. Her fanciest dress was a beautiful multi-colored dress with sparkles all over and soft ruffles that looked like frosting. These will go perfectly with my new 'Opal Me Fancy' heels, Ash thought as she put on the dress. She twirled in front of the mirror before putting on her makeup.
"Ash, you have two minutes!" the Ice Queen called. Ash quickly did her hair and put on her heels before quickly going down the stairs just in time to see Darkart walk into the door to take her in his limousine.
"M'lady, I am taking you to the Joseenae Cafe. It is only the finest restraunt on Kilumina," Darkart said as he gave Ash a full bouque of black roses and led her to the limo. This was definetly going to be the best date ever.


I will return, for this is not the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?