Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pokemon Champion Chapter 3: A New Friend and Double Trouble

  Aril sighed and looked at Gavin. He did the same. Looking at the Pokeball containing A+, Aril thrust the Pokeball to the ground. A small pale Pokemon appeared on the path, crying in anger and agony. Aril frowned and tried to pet A+, but immediately A+ jerked her head up and shocked her hand away. Aril yelped and shook her hand loosely. Gavin turned his head and, seeing A+ crying, also released Minus from the ball. Minus and A+'s eyes locked on each other as they leaped and jumped around rocks and logs to get to eachother.
  Sighing, Aril slowly picked up A+ and before A+ could react, Aril shoved a berry in her face to keep her occupied. A+ snatched the berry from her eyes and gobbled it down.
  Suddenly, a small, white baby looking Pokemon stumbled out of bush, not seeing anything because of it's green bangs in front of it's eyes. Aril gasped at the wild Pokemon, walking up to it and cradling it in her arms. The Pokemon's pink horn on it's head glowed bright and it started screeching, as if crying.
  "GAAAAAAAH!! WHAT POKEMON IS THIS?!" Aril fell, the Pokemon in one hand and her Pokedex in the other.
"Ralts, a psychic type Pokemon. The red horn on it's head glows when sensing danger." The Pokedex explained. Aril looked at the wild Pokémon and dropped it.
  "A+! Use Thunderbolt!" Aril demanded, pointing at Ralts. A+ glowed bright and then shot out a thunder bolt onto the Ralts. It screeched again, this time falling to the ground. Gavin picked a Pokeball out of his pocket and threw it to the ground.
  "Chomper, GO!" Gavin yelled.
   Chomper appeared and stood beside A+ on the path. The Ralts stood up and limped backwards, then it's horn started to glow bright and it's bangs floated up, showing Ralts' eyes. They were blank white and it's teeth clenched, it raised it's small arms horizontal-like. It's small paw-like hands were collecting energy from plants and flowers around it.
  "What the-?" Aril started until the Ralts screamed. It's hands clapped together, and a huge explosion blasted A+ off her feet - Chomper used it's vines to hold onto trees around it, but still, the trees were even starting to rip off the ground. Aril held onto A+ as she fell back 10 feet from the explosion.
  "WHOAH!" Gavin yelled, getting back up. Aril was still hugging A+ tightly as if she were a teddy bear about to fall apart. A+ grunted and wiggled out of her grasp, but Aril was still shivering on the ground. A+ turned around and shocked her, then Aril stood up and wiped the dirt off her clothes.
  The Ralts started to gain energy again; but before that happened, Chomper shot vines out of it's bud and squeezed the Ralts tightly. Minus jumped up into the air and it's tail turned light blue, then white - then he twirled in the air and Minus' tail collected static energy while in the air, and while Ralts was trying to wiggle out of the vines, a giant electric ball shot onto the Ralt's horn.
  "Yes! Now, while it's weakened, GO! Pokeball!" Aril screamed, throwing a Pokeball onto the Ralts. Ralts was sucked up into the ball and the ball was silent.

It shook once.

It shook twice.

It shook tree times.

  "YES! I caught a Ralts," Aril exclaimed. A+ jumped up in the air with excitement. "Now you get a friend to play with at home!"

Minus stomped his foot loudly.

"Hehe...a second friend to play with... Well, I'll name you Lily!" Aril sighed.

"Second? Why not third?" A mysterious voice called. Aril shot around and looked at a boy with redish brown hair. The boy had on a blue shirt and hazel eyes. A+ looked at him cautiously while Minus smiled at him.
  "Why, I don't think we've met before," The boy said, pointing at hinmself with his thumb. "I'm Hunter. I'm new to being a trainer, and since I heard of a boy named Ash walking around with friends, I thought it would be great if I had some friends walking with me too!"
  "Cool! A new buddy!" Gavin said, shaking Hunter's hand. "How many Pokemon do you have?"
Hunter smiled.
  "3." Hunter replied, picking out 3 Pokeballs from his pocket. "Go, Reptar, Sparky and Diamond!"
A small, blue dinosaur with diamonds on it's head shot out of the pokeball. Another lizard-looking pokemon also came out, and another lizard looking Pokemon came out.
  Aril's Pokedex went wild.
"Amaura, a diamond Pokemo- Helioptile, a reptile pokemo- Treecko, a grass type pokemon." The Pokedex informed. Aril shoved the Pokedex into her pocket.

  "Wow, James...those are some awesome looking Pokemon." A stranger said.
"I agree, Jessie." Another starnger said.
"Let's steal them!"
"Agreed!"
Two figures in Team Rocket suit appeared upon the path, snatching up A+, Minus and Sparky.
  "A+! NOOOOOO!" Aril screamed. Hunter gasped and reached for Sparky but failed. Gavin jumped up and grabbed Minus, but the girl slapped his hand away.
  "We're Team Rocket - nice Pokemon you have, we'll just be borrowing them: forever!" The boy said, shoving the Pokemon into a bag and running away with the girl.
  "MINUS!" Gavin screeched. Hunter ran up to the strangers and tried to take the bag back, but when he tried he tripped on a rock.


"A+..." Aril muttered, crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?