Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Disney Tales

   Everyone knows about Walt Disney and his magical world, Walt Disney World.  Everyone knows about Mickey, Minnie, and all their Clubhouse friends.  Everyone knows about Woody, Buzz-Light-year and all their Toy Story friends.  Everyone knows about Mike, Sully, and all the monster friends.  However, I'm going to tell you a story about all the Disney characters in a new way.
   Alright here we go: Once upon a time there lived two children named Alice and Henry.  They are Tollway Elementary's most known twins.  Everyone thinks they're crazy because they believe in fairy tales.  But there is one person who doesn't think they're crazy, and that is their favorite teacher Ms. Dawson.  
   Ms. Dawson is the nicest teacher they have ever met.  She always reads the class stories from the book Story World, which is why she doesn't think they're crazy.
   "Okay class come sit down so I can read to you from Story World," shouts Ms. Dawson near the end of the day.
   "Ughhhhhh," the class moans.
   "Yay, Story World!"  Alice and Henry say together.
   "You two are nuts for believing in fairy tales," A rude girl Maddie says rolling her eyes.
   "Come here Alice , you too Henry," says Ms. Dawson.  She turns them around to face the class, everyone looks down. 
   "Everyone, please listen.  Alice and Henry are two of the smartest 5th graders in this class.   I for one have heard what you are saying about them being crazy because they believe in fairy tales.  However they are not crazy, because they are not wrong, fairy tales are indeed real. "  Just then the Story World book fell on the ground and Alice picked it up.  She opened it up and Henry and her got hypnotized and fell into the book.
   The class cheered, Ms. Dawson just sat there with her mouth open, "Oh no."

1 comment:

  1. I love how beautifully you organized your conversation in this piece!

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?