Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Jailbreak! Part 8
"Contestants, get ready, get set, FIGHT!" he said. The gong rang and everyone started to scramble around the arena, looking for weapons. He decided to find some weapons first, then break the ice with Jason. He searched the woods for a weapon but found nothing. He was about to give up before he saw a silver gleam. He followed it and found a dagger stuck in a tree.
"This will come in handy," Doug muttered to himself. He gripped the handle and pulled with all his might. The dagger came out of the tree, and it was surprisingly light. He stuck it in his belt buckle and ran. He wanted to get to the bottom of Jason's "execution". He ran through the forest as fast as he could to the spot where he saw Jason being dropped off. As he ran, he saw something move. He froze and looked around slowly. He saw another movement and Doug threw his knife at the movement. He heard a scream and someone hitting the ground. He found the body on the ground. It was an inmate that he didn't recognise, but he had a gun in his hands. Doug grabbed the gun, pulled the dagger out of the inmates body and moved on. After a little more running, he got out of the woods and into the open field. He easily spotted Jason who had a knife in his hand. Doug ran up to him, a million questions on his mind, but before he could ask, Jason spoke up.
"I know that you have a lot of questions but just don't ask. I'm so sorry but my family's life is at stake."
"What do you mean? Your family's at stake? What does tha......"
"STOP IT! What I have to do is already hard enough!" Jason interrupted.
"What do you mean?" Doug asked. there was a long moment of silence before Jason spoke up.
"I have to kill you."
1 comment:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete-Esther