Thursday, December 12, 2013

The White Squall



          Mona Isabelle Lisa, Date: Sept. 12, 1984

          WHEW!!! I'm glad that bear didn't kill me! Well, if he did I wouldn't be writing to you right now. DUH! Just to get things straight, the bear was looking at a fish behind me. Man I am so stupid! Here comes the bear! Oh he just came over for me to pet him. Wow! I'm surprised I made a friend, even if it is an animal. I think I'm going to eat, oh, wait, the bear just caught a unicorn fish... aaaand just scarfed it down. Well, I guess I better find fish for myself.

          Mona Isabelle Lisa, Date Sept. 13, 1984

          I know, I know! It's just fish blood. Well, to you it's not just fish blood. I lost my pencil. I know you want to hear how I lost my pencil, but it's a long WOAH! I see my pencil! Okay, now I can tell you about how I lost my pencil. Ok, let me start from the beginning. I dropped it in the water, the bear grabbed it and a fish took it out of the bear's paw. Then the bear ate the fish and pencil, and the bear puked it onto my lap. Long story, huh? The short story is that I lost the pencil and somehow the bear puked it onto my lap. 




          

         

2 comments:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?