Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 2

Lee locked his bedroom door. He could hear the man's soft footsteps getting louder as he stepped towards Lee's door. The door's handle swiveled to the left.  Lee sucked in his breath. "Lee! I know you are in there. Unlock your door. NOW!" He growled at Lee. Lee slowly walked towards the door. He unlocked it and stepped back. The man burst through the door. Lee finally saw what he looked like. He had dark black hair with an all-black fedora. His trench coat was long and black. He had pale white skin, the color of snow. He had a red scar crossing his face, going straight over his left eye. His eyes were startlingly ... yellow. Lee had never seen yellow eyes. "Who are you?! Why are you hunting me?!" "Lee, you don't understand. You're an animagus." "You're right. I don't understand. I don't even know what a stupid animagus is!" "Lee." The man wrapped his black glove around him. "An animagus is a person who can turn into an animal." Lee's normally brown eyes were turning silver and gold. The man let go. "I never realized." The man said. There was a scared tone in his voice. "Never realized what?" "You aren't just an animagus. You're the King Dragon." "What?" now he was confused.  "The King Dragon is the strongest, most powerful animagus. I saw it when your eyes turned silver-gold." Lee felt he should believe him. "There were only two King Dragons." "Where is the other?" Lee asked. "Dead. Your father. The sorceress killed him." "We need the other King Dragon." It all came to him. Why his father was so obsessed with dragons. Why his mother wouldn't tell Lee how his dad died. Why he always felt confused, why his classmates were scared of him. He was the only King Dragon. "I'll help. I'll kill the sorceress." "Boy, do you even know who she is?" "Yes. I think it's my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?